Chapter 49

After washing and getting dressed, everyone was out the door and headed over to the private hanger where a charted plane awaited them. Raven spent the entire flight sleeping with her head resting in Drake's lap, while he chatted with Chubbs. Turbulence caused the plane to rattle during the landing, ultimately waking Raven. Her head slowly rose from his lap, stretching her arms high as she let out a yawn. She glimpsed out the window and a smile spread across her face when she saw the New York skyline in sight.

Drake watched as she stretched and looked out the window. He extended his legs, finally being able to stretch them now that Raven was awake. "Hey sleepy head, you finished drooling on my pants?" he joked.

Raven took her attention away from the skyline to roll her eyes at Drake as he smiled at her. "Whatever Aubrey.... Why'd you let me sleep through the entire fight?"

"Because you needed to, you were tired," Drake replied. He took this time to lay his head on her thighs. He was fatigued as well but wasn't able to get comfortable due to the sleeping beauty on his lap.

"My body is unbelievably sore right now," said Raven. Her bones ached without mercy in every single place they possibly could.

"I wonder why?" he teased reminding her of their previous activities.

Raven absentmindedly ran her fingers through his hair allowing the memories to playback in her head. "You know why. I just hope you know you're carrying me off this plane." She said as she leaned down to kiss his awaiting lips.

"Damn, didn't y'all do enough of that at the house?" Chubbs asked, sitting across from the couple.

The two of them broke apart at the sound of, Chubbs voice. Drake threw a bag of trail mix, bouncing it off his forehead making Raven erupt in laughter. "You shouldn't have been listening anyway." She got out between giggles.

"It was hard not to with somebody yelling so loud." Raven's jaw dropped hearing his attempt to imitate her. The next thing Chubbs knew, pillows and everything else within reach came flying his way.

It was early in the morning when their flight landed. Drake and Chubbs late night of drinking was beginning to catch up on them, so they decided to go straight to the condo and get some sleep. Raven on the other hand had an important meeting with her agent. So while the guys were kicking back, she had their driver take her to midtown. When the SUV stopped on 6th avenue, Raven's boots hit the pavement and she briskly made her way to the doors of William Morris Endeavor's with her jacket pulled tight around her. There were a lot of things she missed about the east coast, but the cold fall weather wasn't one of them. Once inside she caught the elevator upstairs, maneuvering through the halls that she knew all too well. After saying her hello's to the secretary sitting at her desk, Raven tapped lightly on the glass door to get Ari's attention. He looked up from the call he was on and waved for her to come in. She stepped inside the lavish office. Taking a seat in a lounge chair in front of his desk, she waited patiently for him to get off the phone. As she waited, she thought about how she was going to break her "good" news to Ari. He had the tendency to blow things out of proportion at times.

Ten Minutes Later

"You're joking, right? Please tell me you're fucking joking." Ari's unblinking eyes didn't leave Raven's once. When she shook her head no, he leaned back in his chair running his hand across his near balding scalp. "For Pete's sake kid, you couldn't have picked a worse time to get all domesticated on me. Did you forget about the film you booked?"

This was the reaction Raven was hoping to avoid. She watched the paling man frantically tap his fingers on the arm of his chair with a worried expression on his face. Raven wondered if she reacted this bad when she first found out she was pregnant. "Relax Ari, rehearsals and fight choreography doesn't even start for another eight months, I would have had the baby by then and losing the weight won't be a problem." She assured him.