Chapter 74

This was the worst either of them had ever seen the paparazzi. Everyone was lurking for a photo of the mystery baby. Just trying to get through the front gates to get in the house was a pain in the ass. Spoons basically had to threaten to run them over just to get past. Once they got through, all of the shouting began to fade away in the distance. When they pulled up to the front door, Spoons got out and opened the door for Raven, while Drake unbuckled Cameron's car seat to take him in the house. As soon as they got inside Drake carried Cam in his car seat to the living room and Raven followed behind with the diaper bag. There weren't many words spoken on the ride over in fear of what the other person had to say. Just as they were unfastening Cameron from his seat, Sandi entered the room. A smile spread across her face when she saw her grandson. She rushed over to him, but not before alerting the entire house of their arrival.

"Is he still sleeping?" Sandi asked while Raven eased him out of the seat so he could rest in her arms.

"Yeah, that car ride knocked him out," Drake responded with a smile on his face. As soon as they got moving, Cameron was out like a light.

"Oh Raven, I finally found a dress." Both Drake and Raven gave her confused looks making her tilt her head to the side. "For the wedding..." Sandi reminded them. They looked at each other, neither knowing what to say, so they just smiled and nodded. "I'll show it to you later."

Raven once again nodded with a smile, but on the inside, she was feeling so guilty. Their parents were all excited about a wedding that wasn't going to be happening. "Sandi, do you mind taking Cameron? I'm gonna take a shower while I still can." She asked, knowing full well that Sandi wasn't going to say no. Raven stood from the couch and carefully repositioned Cam in his grandmother's arms so she wouldn't disturb his sleep. Then she turned her sights to Drake. "Aubrey, can I talk to you for a second?"

When they got up to the bedroom, Raven headed to the walk-in closet. She opened up one of her drawers, but there was nothing but blank space staring back at her. Then she remembered, everything of hers was gone. "I'll get you something to change into." Drake's voice spoke out to interrupt her thoughts.

She turned to him and spoke her thanks as he moved around her to his side of the closet. Raven watched him as he silently shuffled through his drawers looking for something that would somewhat fit her. Finally, he held up a pair of ball shorts and a t-shirt. It wasn't what she had in mind, but she didn't have many other choices as of right now. Drake walked the clothes over to Raven and handed them over to her. Just as he was about to leave the room, she reached out for his hand, stopping him. He glanced down at his hand and back up to Raven with confusion written all over his face. This was the first time she had willingly touched him in a month and it didn't involve a slap.

"Listen, Aubrey, I know we're gonna have to tell them about us sooner or later, but I really rather it be later. I don't want to turn this weekend into a counseling session." Their parents were only staying for two more days, and for those two days, she didn't want their failed relationship to be the topic of discussion.

"So you wanna pretend like everything's fine for the weekend, but what about after that?" He asked with a slight attitude. Just when he was thinking that they were making some progress, she goes and pulls the rug out from under him. Now he understood why Raven didn't put up a fight about staying at the house, she didn't want anyone asking questions about why they were no longer living together.

"I'm sorry Aubrey, I know this is a lot for me to ask of you, but do you really want our parents in our business right now?" Raven reasoned, but he wasn't feeling any of it. He tried to walk away, but she was still holding onto his hand. "It's only for two days."

"That's the problem." Drake snapped at her, but it wasn't out of anger, it was more so him lashing out because he was hurt. Raven saw this and let him go. He shook his head and stomped out of the room.