Chapter 18

Drake arrived to the set around seven a.m. with 40, Chubbs, and Hush. To his surprise, everything was in full swing. The green screen was up, the director was going over details with the camera crew and there were just busy bodies everywhere. It was a clash of noises between the set designers and the audio track playing in the background. He looked over at the green screen and saw Raven standing with the dancers. She was wearing a pair of black harem sweatpants, a gray sports bra and a pair of Jordan's. Drake stood there watching her go over some steps with the women. He wanted to go over there and say something to Raven, but Dollicia was with her and that was just a slap in the face waiting to happen.

A man wearing a headset approached Drake with a clipboard in hand and showed him to his dressing room. It was the usual, a table with mirror, a sofa, television, kraft services, with a fully stocked mini fridge. The guys turned on the tv and sat back on the sofa while Drake mindlessly went through his phone waiting for the stylist to come in with his wardrobe. Two women and a man entered the room twenty minutes later with a rack of clothing. Something casual, yet stylish was eventually picked out for him. About a half hour later, there was a tap on his door. Since Hush was closer, he got up to answer it. When he opened it, Nicki was standing there.

"It's Nicki." He yelled to Drake over his shoulder before giving Nicki a hug. Hush then went back over to the couch with 40 who had found something half interesting to watch this early in the morning. 

Drake got up from the chair he was in to give Nicki a hug, "What's up, you just getting here?" he asked.

"Yeah, and I'm tired as fuck." Nicki waved her fatigued hand in 40's direction saying hello. She looked over at a nearby cushiony chair and it was calling her name, so she answered and dropped her exhausted body in it.

Drake smiled while watching her get comfortable in the chair. Her eyes started to flutter shut while mumbling something incoherently, "Wake that ass up!" he shouted and tapped her on her thigh. She jumped opening her eyes causing him to laugh his ass off.

"Leave me alone Drizzy, it's too early for this shit." Nicki playfully hit him back and got up from the chair with a faux attitude. "I'm to go over these steps with your girl."

Drake's head dipped back looking at Nicki from corner of his eyes. "My girl, who are you talking about?"

She sucked her teeth, "You know damn well who I'm talking about, don't play dumb." She spoke to him in the way a big sister would.

"Nah, it's not even like that." He replied keeping some humor in his voice trying to act cool in front of his boys.

"Yeah whatever. I'm about to get dressed, I'll see you on the set." Nicki then left the room to get into wardrobe and find Raven.

Hours went by and a whole lot of scenes were shot. Raven sat next to the director and his assistant behind the monitor. Nicki and her backup dancers were shooting there solo dance scene and Raven watched like a proud mother. She studied the screen making sure every move was precise and on point, thankfully there were no slip ups. Once the director yelled cut, Raven and Tiana stood up clapped. Raven walked over to the dancers and complemented each of them of their performances, well except for one. Dollicia had been throwing shade her way all day and she would like nothing more than to punch her in the face, so the best thing she could do was stay away from her and remain professional.

Raven hugged the sweaty Nicki and congratulated her. "You looked good out there. I told you, you would be fine."

"Thanks babes, you sticking around?" she asked.

"I don't know, I had a late night, and Tiana's party is tonight, so I might just head home and take a nap." What Raven really wanted to say was, I can't stomach being around two certain people.

"Girl so did I, but I'm here. Drink you a cup of coffee, and prep the fuck up." Nicki caught Raven's attention shifting every now and then during their conversing. When she turned her head in the direction where Raven's eyes strayed, she saw exactly what was keeping her unfocused. Dollicia was all over Drake sitting on his lap and playing with the chains around his neck. Nicki loved him, but he was no good when it came to choosing women. "That's not gonna last." She said, and Raven immediately caught on to what she was getting at. Nicki's next shot was coming up so she had to get into her next outfit. "Let me get out of these clothes. You better not go anywhere." She warned a lingering finger as she walked away.

Raven smiled at sat back in her chair behind the monitor. The director yelled quiet on the set, and the cameras started rolling. Drake was up on the screen and she couldn't help but stare at him. She smirked at some of his mannerisms and just about melted every time that tongue of his slid across his luscious lips. At that moment Raven admitted to herself that she was crushing on him, and that was a problem. The director yelled cut in the middle of the shot. He said the something was missing, and thought that a female's presence could fix it. Of course Dollicia got picked. She smiled and rolled her eyes at Raven as she strutted up to the platform and stood next to Drake.

'Damn.' Drake thought to himself. He had a feeling that this was going to cause a problem for him.

The music started back up and the cameras started rolling. Raven felt a spark of jealously watching Dollicia bump and grind all over Drake flaunting all her assets. His eyes followed the sway of hips and curve of her ass, and Raven hated every moment of it. Now she knew this was a video and he had to act, but she could look in his eyes and tell that he was enjoying that shit. She just shook her head at the whole display.

Tiana sat next to Raven with her face twisted up. "Ew. Why is she being all extra?" she whispered.

Raven leaned over to whisper back since the cameras were still rolling. "I'm getting ready to get out here Tee, I'm gonna call you though." She quietly got up from her chair to start collecting her things.

"Okay, just make sure you have your ass at my party tonight." Tiana replied and hugged her tightly. She knew something was wrong with her friend, but she would ask about it later.