Chapter 33

Four weeks went by and Raven was finally settled in her new home. Things with her and Drake were still going well, but then again they were hardly around each other to notice any changes. In a blink of an eye they became two ships passing. Between filming Sin City 2 and making her house feel like a home, and him working on his album and doing press, they barely found time for each other.

Like now; Raven waited in her living room looking forward to another date that wasn't going to happen. Drake and Raven had made plans to stay in, order take out and watch movies, but once again they were cancelled. This time Drake was the culprit, he forgot that he had to make an appearance at a club that's promoting his album. It was finally nearing its completion and he was releasing two new singles.

They had to keep scorecards to keep up with all the rain checks they've made. When Raven got the call cancelling their plans, she was disappointed. This was the first free night she's had in weeks and she wanted to spend it with him. Raven flopped down on her coffee colored sectional and stared blankly at her television. Ben & Jerry's would be her date tonight. Drake invited her to come out, but she told him that she had to think about it. She wanted to spend time with Aubrey not Drake, and when he was in Drake mode he became a whole different person. After thinking about some more, she decided to go. He was at least making an effort to be with her, the least she could do was meet him half way.

So Raven went back into her bedroom to change out of her lounge clothes and into something more appropriate. She chose a dress that he'd picked out for her when they were shopping together. It was a black dress that stopped mid thigh and hung delicately from her shoulders and the back of it scooped down hanging dangerously low exposing the smoothness of her back. It fit her form to perfection. As she got dressed, she silently prayed that tonight would go smoothly.

Drake and his OVO crew were all posted up in the VIP section that was sectioned off with a rope and dark curtains for added privacy. Ample bottles and ample women were scattered about the area, and from the looks of it everybody was having a good time. Drake got up from their booth and walked over to the balcony. His eyes kept scanning the floor for any signs of Raven, but he didn't see her in the mass amount of moving bodies. It was a nice feeling being right there and witnessing how people reacted to his music, even though half of them were drunk. He pulled out his phone to text Raven to find out how close she was, and sat back down to wait for her response.

A squinty eyed Chubbs passed a blunt in Drake's direction as a cloud of smoke escaped his lips. "Here man, you better get some before it's gone." He said in a slow drawl. 

Drake put his hand up, pushing it back towards Chubbs. "Nah, ya'll got it. I'm good."

Chubbs laughed leaning back into the red velvet crescent shaped sofa and passed it to Ryan on his left. "Damn, Raven got you pussy whipped already. It's a sad day." He replied making the men around him join in on his laugh.

Drake flagged it off with a laugh and paid them no mind. Yeah Raven was the reason he wasn't fully indulging tonight, but he didn't want his friends knowing that. "Whatever nigga, holla at me when you get a girl." He smirked reaching for his drink that was once in front of him, but when he grabbed it, he came up with an empty glass in his hand. He held it up in the air mystified as to where the brown contents went. "What happened to my drink?" The question hung in the air and everyone's head turned to the goofy white guy in the room.

Ryan glanced to his left and right and saw that all eyes were on him. He shrugged his shoulders mustering up an innocent expression on his face. "What?! It wasn't shit else left... we need more bottles."

"How the fuck is all the bottles gone?" Drake got his answer when he heard the cackling laughter coming from the strays that the guys had picked up for the night. He shook his head at the unfamiliar faces scattered about the area. "You know what, don't answer that." Drake waved over their hostess to accommodate them with more liquor.