Chapter 35

The sound of an alarm vibrated throughout the room waking the sleeping man. The shrieking sound made his head feel like there was a mariachi band inside. When he rolled over, the sunlight shined directly into his face causing his eyes to squint. He jumped up from the bed -a little too quickly making his head spin, and closed the curtain. That alarm was still going off, but he had no idea where it was coming from. There weren't any clocks in the guest room, so he figured it was his phone. After searching on the bed, under the bed and his jean pockets he somehow found it in his sock. He looked around the room and was confused that he wasn't in his usual digs, and then everything came back to him. Drake sat on the bed and ran his hand down his face. His jealousy caused him to act a fool and say things that he didn't mean. In the end all he ended up doing was making a mess of things with Raven. The memory of her face when he told her that he didn't trust her made him feel even worse. It gave him a feeling in his gut that he didn't like and he had to fix it.

Getting up from the bed, he grabbed his discarded clothing and exited the room. During his walk towards his room, he was thinking of what to say to Raven to make up for the foolery last night, but everything fell short. Raven was pissed and there was no way around it, even when he told her that he loved her for the first time, it went in one ear and out the other and that bothered him a lot, but he brushed it off and continued to his room. Drake's hand touched his doorknob and paused for a moment. He had no idea what he was going to even say to her. After standing outside the room for a minute, his brain finally mustered up a half-decent apology. Collecting himself, Drake entered the master bedroom and walked over to the king-size bed, but it was empty and already made. He went over to the bathroom and knocked lightly on the door when there was no answer he opened it to find that empty as well.

Drake left the room and headed down the stairs. He shook his head when he entered his living room. Pizza boxes, empty bottles, and bodies were scattered all about. After stepping over Chubbs who was stretched out on the floor, Drake kept walking until he reached the kitchen. When he got there he was expecting to find Raven standing over by the stove, she always made breakfast whenever she spent the night at his place, but not today. There was no food, and no Raven. He walked back into the living room and over to Ryan who was laid upon the oversized sofa with the redhead from the club. Drake nudged his cousin's shoulder causing the woman laying on his chest to stir. He shook him once more and Ryan cracked his eyes looking up at him.

"Have you seen Raven?" Drake asked.

Ryan blinked a few times letting his eyes adjust to the light before letting out a drawn-out yawn. "Yeah, she came and got her keys from me before she left." He was about to drift back to sleep, but the look on Drake's face stopped him.

Drake frowned slightly and cursed under his breath hearing this. "How long ago did she leave?"

"About an hour ago I think," Ryan replied. Stretching out his arms, he gently eased from under the woman careful not to wake her, and sat up. "She looked pissed. What the hell happened last night?"

Drake ignored the question and went for his phone to call Raven. It rung twice and then went to voicemail. He sat down on the coffee table and ran his hand over his head letting out a puff of air. "I fucked up." He said looking up at Ryan.

"Why are you even still here aren't you supposed to be picking up your mom from the airport?" Ryan asked.

"Oh shit, what time is it?" Drake reached in his back pocket and pulled out his phone to check the time. Then he remembered what that alarm was for. It was alerting him that his mother's flight would be landing in twenty minutes. "Fuck, I need to out of here." Drake got up and started to rush out of the room but had to double back over to Ryan. "Don't forget to clean house." His eyes strayed over in the direction of the sleeping woman knowing his cousin would catch his meaning.