Chapter 56

Back in Los Angeles

The room was silent, all except for the ticking clock on the wall. Sleep wasn't coming so easy for Drake, so he just laid there and watched Raven. When her breathing became even he knew she was finally asleep. He carefully eased out of bed and over to his discarded jeans that were on the floor. Drake gave her one last look making sure she was still peacefully in her slumber. He then reached for his phone that was on the bedside table and walked out onto the balcony where he could have some privacy. Drake eased the door shut, making sure not to slam it. Once alone he went through his phone and opened up the unread message on the screen. His eyes glazed over the four-carat emerald cut diamond ring surrounded by tiny emeralds all nestled inside a platinum setting. He gazed at the ring with an approving smile and then began to dial a number.

Drake pressed the phone to his ear constantly looking over his shoulder making sure she was still sound asleep until he heard a voice say hello. "Hey man, I just got the picture you sent." His voice just a pitch above a whisper.

"Did you like it?"

"Yeah, it was exactly what I asked for."

"Great. I just have to tighten the setting, so it'll be ready in a day or two."

"Cool," Drake nodded. When he looked over his shoulder, he saw that Raven was beginning to stir in her sleep. Not wanting to be questioned about his late-night phone call, he wrapped up his conversation. "Thanks, um I'll call you back so we can set something up." When Raven's head lifted, looking around the room for him, he quickly hung up the phone and went back inside to reclaim his spot next to her.

Raven laced her fingers with his as he wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her closer to him. "This feels nice." Her groggy voice spoke in her half-asleep state.

"You feel nice." He mumbled into her hair taking in the smell of her vanilla shampoo. "

"So what are you doing up? I'm supposed to be the one with the crazy sleeping hours." she asked.

"I was just thinking?"

"About," Raven asked with a raised eyebrow. When there was no answer she turned over to face him. "Aubrey, you do know that you can talk to me about anything, right?"

Drake smiled, he would tell her what was on his mind when the time was right, but for now, he wanted to keep it between him and his jeweler. "I know, but it's nothing." He replied and kissed her lips to put her wandering mind at ease. "So what's your schedule looking like for the next few days?"

Raven knew he was trying to change the subject, so she decided to let it go... for now. "I'm being interviewed by Us Weekly and People. Then I have to do Jimmy Kimmel and Wendy. There's the premiere coming up this Friday, which you still haven't found anything to wear to yet-"

"I know, I know," his low chuckle cut her off. Raven had been hounding him about finding something to wear for weeks now, so he couldn't tell her that he still had no clue as to what he's wearing with the premiere only a few days away. "I'm gonna get Courtne to hook me up." He spoke bring a sigh of relief to her face.

"Oh, and I have a meeting with Ubisoft next week." She stretched out through a yawn. "They're working on a dance game geared towards hip hop."

"So basically you're all tied up for the next two weeks." There was a hint of disappointment in his voice that he couldn't hide if he tried.

Raven nodded while running her fingers across the stubble on his cheek. "When does the tour start?" she asked taking the conversation off of her.

"It's supposed to start mid-January, but I'm gonna push it back to February and end it early," said Drake.