Chapter 44

One Month Later

Drake rode around for an hour or so before he made it back to Raven's. He went to the bedroom and found her watching television. She looked as though she just showered, her hair was still wet and she changed into some sweats and a tank top. When he left her, she was a wreck. Her hair was a tangled mess from being in bed for the past three days vomiting. She wasn't able to keep anything down but now that she was feeling a little better, she was ready to eat, so Drake went to the store to get some food. When he entered the bedroom she perked up and cut the T.V. off.

"Hey, what took you so long with the food?" Raven asked with an invited smile.

Drake sat the bag on the bed, "I went over to that Italian restaurant near my crib."

"Oh yeah? What did you get me?'

Drake sat down on the edge of the bed and reached in the bag pulling out a takeout box. "Pasta!" he said while waving the plastic container under her nose.

Raven smiled appreciatively, "I knew you loved me." She opened up the container and took in the smell of the food like a starved woman.

The linguine noodles had her undivided attention. She didn't even notice the pair of eyes that watched her closely. Drake scratched his head contemplating his next move. "Um, I picked up something else too." He handed her the bag waiting for her to look inside.

Raven dug in the bag expecting more food, but instead pulled out a pink box. She looked at the white sticks on the front of it, chuckling slightly to herself. "A pregnancy test?" Raven glanced up at him, "What do you have this for?" she asked with a humored expression.

"I want you to take it." He replied.

The smile on her face slowly faded as realization set in. He was serious. She couldn't believe he actually went out and brought a pregnancy test. "Aubrey, I'm not pregnant." Raven sat the box down and went on with eating.

"Really, because I think you are. All the vomiting; and you're sleeping all the time. I called your mom and she said-"

"Wait a minute, you called my mom?" Raven dropped her fork in her platter. Her eyes widened, she was mortified at the thought of that phone call and was slowly becoming agitated with all of his probing. "I've just been sick; people are allowed to get sick, that doesn't mean I'm pregnant."

"Okay, well prove me wrong, go take the test." Drake picked the box up and sat it in her lap.

"Aubrey, I'm not taking it! So you can take this damn thing back to the store and get your money back." She threw the box at his chest and stormed off into the bathroom slamming the door behind her.

Drake got up following behind her and started banging on the door; he was the agitated one now. "Open the door."

"Go away." She shouted from the other side.

He banged harder this time. "Raven open the door or I'll kick it down, I'm not playing."

"And then what are you gonna do, make me pee on the stick?"

"If I have to." Drake stopped banging for a moment to actually think about how he was supposed to pull that one off.

Raven laughed to herself, she knew he was serious. She leaned against the door and sighed, she didn't want to fight with him, she didn't have it in her. "Aubrey, I really don't want to do this right now."

Hearing the melancholy in her voice; he rested his head against the door just as she did. "You already know don't you?" he asked. There was a pause before she answered.