Chapter: 16

Raven stormed inside her house and went straight up the stairs, ignoring the questioning glances from her family. When she reached her room, she stepped inside slamming the door shut. Raven pensively paced the floor thinking about what just happened. She couldn't believe he actually got an attitude with her about Trey. He was doing him with Dollicia, so why shouldn't she do her? She also couldn't believe that yet again, she allowed him to get so close to her. It was something about him that made her defensive walls crumble like stale bread. As she continued to wear holes in the floor, her phone began to ring on her dresser. Her first thought was that it was Aubrey calling to get on her good side, but when she walked over to it and looked at the screen, it was an incoming call from Trey.

The ringing went on as she contemplated on answering it. Just as it was about to go to voicemail, she picked it up. "Hello?"

"Damn, I'm surprised you answered." Trey's relieved voice answered on the other end.

"I almost didn't, it took you forever to call me."

"I guess I deserved that."

"Yeah, you did." she said smiling, and leaned back against her dresser. "So what do I owe for the pleasure of this phone call?" she asked.

"I wanted to hear your voice." Trey replied very smoothly making her grin from ear to ear.

"Is that right?" Raven asked with a hint of sarcasms.

"Yes it is."

"Well you've heard it, so what happens now?"

"Now I ask you if you would like to have dinner with tonight, and you say yes."

Raven laughed at his cocky tone. "What makes you think I'll say yes?"

"Because I know these things, just like I know you're smiling right now." Trey paused for a second before asking, "Am I right?"

"Yes and no."

"Yes and no?"

"Yes I'm smiling, no I can't have dinner with you, actually just finished eating." That wasn't the only reason she said no. She still didn't have her feeling about a certain someone sorted out yet. Drake had already expressed his feeling about her and Trey, but honestly he had no say in the matter. The fact still remained that Trey is single and he isn't. There was a brief silence between them while Raven weighed her options. "But I could use a drink."

"That's cool, I'll take what I can get." Trey responded. He kept his cool, for a minute there he thought that he was being rejected.

"Okay, I'll text you my address." Raven said before hanging up.

Raven hung up the phone and stared in her mirror. She had mixed feelings about going out with Trey. A part of her felt bad for accepting Trey's invitation, she felt like she was doing something wrong, cheating almost. Which was strange, because she and Drake isn't in a relationship. She didn't know why she was even considering his feelings in all of this. Every since Raven met him, she's allowed him to play on with her emotions. One minute he's flirting with her and trying to get in her pants, and the next he was up under Dollicia. Not to mention Dollicia went out of her way to throw their relation in her face whenever she felt like it. That was a part of the reason she moved out, so she wouldn't have to keep witnessing his flip flopping. Drake basically ignored her presence when around his girl, but when she wasn't around, he looked at Raven as if she was the only woman in the world, and to tell the truth, it put her on cloud nine. That's probably why it was so easy for her to fall into his traps. But, if he really wanted her, he was gonna have to do better than that, so until then, she was going to have her fun.

After getting her emotions in check, Raven quickly jumped in the shower. It was a little after nine, and Trey was supposed to be at her door within a half hour. She hurriedly soaped up, rinsed off and jumped out of the bathtub. When she got out of the shower, Karris was in her room lying across her bed with a magazine in hand. Raven paid her sister no mind as she went over to her unpacked suitcases to find something to wear.

Karris watched her towel clad sister move about the room in a hurry. "And where are you going?" she asked with her eyes glued on the essence magazine she was reading.

"Out." Raven tossed out her one word replied while still searching for outfits.

"With who?" Karris asked with a raised eye brow.

"A guy." Raven was wary of telling her sister about her date with Trey, she didn't want her going into fan girl mode again. Karris shrugged her shoulders taking the hint. Raven went through her garment bags where she had all of her dresses hanging up. She soon came across a red bodycon dress with lace inserts. Raven stood in the mirror thinking over the outfit while holding the dress against her. she turned to Karris who gave her a nod of approval. Raven agreed and put it on. She turned back to Karris, "come zip me please."

Karris got off the bed and moved over to her sister. She pulled the zipper up until it stopped in the middle of her back. "You look good." She stated giving her sister a once over.

"Thanks love." Raven replied with a smile. "Up or down?" Raven asked while playing with her hair.

Karris contemplated with a hand on her chin thinking it over. "Down, you don't want to look to dressy, for whoever it is you're getting dressed up for."

Raven nodded and went on to fix her makeup. Karris observed Raven closely as she got ready for her date. She would never admit it out loud, but she actually missed having her sister home. Especially moments like this.

Raven heard her phone buzz, she looked at it and saw that it was a text from Trey letting her know he was outside. "Okay sweets, I gotta go." She gave Karris a peck on the cheek and quickly put on her heels rushing down the stairs. She wanted to beat him to the door. The last thing she needed was a repeat of dinner with Drake and her family.