Chapter 38

Five Months Later

From the moment Raven spoke those three words that Drake swore he'd never forget, there had been a change in their relationship- for the better of course. Their schedules still collided, but whenever either of them had free time, it was spent with each other. Either Raven was visiting him in the studio, or he was dropping by her trailer. Or times like now where it was just the two of them relaxing in solitude at her house. Raven had finished shooting her film and had a little downtime with post-production, and Drake's album was all wrapped, he was only doing promo's and shows here and there.

The two of them had just finished eating dinner and were sitting on the sofa watching old basketball highlights. When he turned to ESPN, he expected Raven to protest and beg him to change the channel but was surprised when she just cuddled up next to him. Throughout the course of the clips he tried to 'educate' her in the sport, but she just brushed him off with a laugh.

"Now the one in the white and red with the headband that was just fouled, that's LeBron James," Drake explained as they continued to watch.

"I know who LeBron James is Aubrey, and he wasn't fouled, if anything it's a blocking foul on him, the shot was already in motion when he jumped out there," Raven replied sounding all too sure of herself. She didn't have to look at him to see the shock on his face, Raven just kept her eyes on the screen. About five seconds later, the referee ruled it a blocking foul on Miami. She turned to him with a smirk seeing that her previous assumptions were correct. "Don't look too surprised, I was engaged to a basketball player."

"Don't remind me," Drake grumbled under his breath, but Raven still heard him and smirked. "Okay, Ms. Know It All. I bet you he doesn't make both of these free throws." He challenged.

"What are we betting?" Raven asked.

"If he misses even one, I get whatever I want." There was an unmistakable suggestive grin on his face that made Raven roll her eyes.

Raven watched the forward take his place at the free-throw line. There wasn't much time left to decide, so she just went with it. "Alright, I can do that, but the same goes for you." She replied quickly, hoping that this wasn't a game that he saw. After all, they were watching highlights.

After they shook on it, both of their heads turned to the television. They watched closely as the ball bounced once, twice, and then again. Raven held her breath as the player took his form and released the ball- swish, it went right in. Drake dismissed it as a lucky shot, and his confidence went up a little seeing that the crowd had started making noise to throw the shooter off of his game. Meanwhile, Raven was silently hoping that didn't affect his shot, there was no telling what Drake would have her do. Once again the ball was released. It bounced on the edge of the rim, threatening to fall off the side when suddenly it dropped into the net.

"Yes!" Raven stood up raising both arms in the air with a cheesy grin. "Now if memory serves me correctly, I do believe there was something about a bet," Raven asked facetiously as she did her victory dance in front of him.

This girl was full of surprises, they were always finding out something new about each other that kept that spark in their relationship. Drake smiled watching the sway of her hips and the bounce of her breasts in her purple nightie, he was actually enjoying her victory dance more than she was. He reached out and grabbed the front of her gown, pulling her onto his lap which she straddled.

"I think I remember something like that." His hands slid down to the small of her back easing her closer as he planted slow and teasing kisses at the apex of her breasts. "I think it was something about you getting what you want." He spoke into her skin, not breaking the contact.