Chapter 3.5

She gave him a quick once over confused by his presence. "What are you doing sneaking up on me in my kitchen?"

"I just wanted to say hello... wait a minute your kitchen?" he asked with his face showing the same mask of confusion as hers.

She turned off her food; then turned back to Drake. "Yes my kitchen, I live here. You still didn't answer my question, what are you doing here and how did you even get in?"

It finally hit him. Just his luck, the woman he's been crushing on is his 'girlfriends' roommate. "Well uh, I...I mean me and..."

Raven listened to him stammer over his words trying to explain why he was there. In her own thought process, she started adding two and two together and got her answer. "Oh, I see. So you're the one responsible for knocking down my cd's last night."

He scratched his head finding something more interesting to look at on the floor. "Yeah, sorry about that."

Raven scrunched her face up, "So... you and Dollicia huh?" She obviously wasn't impressed with his choice in women.

He caught her shift in attitude, even though she tried to hide it. "Why you gotta make that face?"

"What face?" She rolled her eyes watching him try to imitate her look. "I made no such face." She replied.

He didn't know what to say, but he knew he had to say something. "Listen Raven, I honestly didn't know you and Dollicia were roommates."

She huffed, "Clearly."

"I don't want things to be awkward between us; I think it would be cool if we could be friends"

Raven shrugged her shoulders, "Why would things be awkward, because you flirted with me all last night and then wake up in my roommate's bed. That's not awkward at all."

"See that's what I'm talking about, I-"

She cut him off with a laugh. "I'm just playing. It's fine, you're a grown man and you can sleep with whoever you want to, I don't have any claim on you. I think you're a cool person and I wouldn't mind being friends with you."

Drake smiled, for a minute there he thought she was gonna flip out on him, but she seemed more at ease about the whole thing than he was. "Cool, I would hug you, but you have that damn spatula in your hand. I don't want to get hit again."

She smirked and sat it down, "I barely touched you with the thing."

"Tell that to my cheek, that shit hurt." He pointed to the spot on his face that had been stinging for the past few minutes.

Raven tilted his head to the side to look at the side of his face, it was red but he'd live. She shook her head, "You're such a baby, it won't even bruise."

"Well you need to kiss it and make it feel better." He half jokingly suggested. A part of him hoped that she took him seriously.

She laughed at his whiney voice, then took his face in her hands and kissed his cheek. "There, all better?" she asked.

He felt his body heat up from her lips touching his face. For a brief moment he wondered what her lips taste like. "Yeah." He replied while still deep in his thoughts. The shorts she was wearing provided vivid images for his imagination. He quickly shook the thoughts and pulled himself together. "Something smells good, what you got over there?" he asked.

She shrugged nonchalantly, "Just some bacon, eggs, and chocolate chip waffles."

"Chocolate chip though?" He asked with a smile.

"Don't hate, you know you want some." She fanned her plate of food in his face.

"Hell yeah I want some."

She laughed, "You're lucky I feel bad for hitting you." Raven fixed another plate and sat it in front of him.

Drake gladly took it, his stomach had been in his back. "Thank you, it's the least you can do."

They sat at the table eating and talking like they've known each other forever. She caught herself stealing lingering glances at him, his dimples kept sucking her in. When she looked up again, his eyes were on him, in fear that she had been caught staring she quickly changed the subject. "So, am I getting my phone back, or do you plan on holding it hostage?"

Drake smiled, he saw her looking, but he decided to play it off like he didn't. "Damn, I almost forgot about it." He reached into his pocket and dug out the phone. "Here, somebody was blowing you up."

Raven took it from him and scrolled through her missed calls. "That was most likely my agent."

"You might want to call him back then, the way he was blowing you up it must have been important."

"I spoke to him already; he wanted to tell me about an audition he booked for me." She grabbed both their plates and took it over to the kitchen sink.

"What are you auditioning for?" He asked watching her load the dishwasher. He didn't realize he got up and was moving closer to her, he was genuinely interested in what she had to say.

"A film, I don't really know what it's about yet, I haven't had the chance to read the script."

He slowly began to close in her, "So you dance, act, and sing, what else do you do?" His arms extended trapping her between him and the counter. This girl was doing things to him and she didn't even know it.
He just stared into her eyes trying to figure out their color, they were different couldn't tell if they were grey or green. It was little things like this; that just kept him guessing about her.

Raven noticed the space between them was becoming smaller and smaller. Thoughts of him flashed through her mind, thoughts that she really shouldn't be thinking, especially since he was clearly taken. She cleared her mind and smiled, "Wouldn't you like to know?" and with that she moved out of his grasp.

As soon as Raven moved Dollicia walked in the room. Any second earlier and they would've had some explaining to do. "Good morning baby." She wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him into a sloppy kiss; she then turned to Raven giving her a snide look.

Raven rolled her eyes and turned back to Aubrey, she had no plans on acknowledging the woman's presence. "I have to get dressed... thanks again Aubrey."