Chapter 23

The next morning Raven had to force herself to wake up. Sunrays beamed throughout the room and across the king-sized bed; making the two of them look like something out of a Better Homes and Garden magazine. She woke up in Drake's arms, with her face lying on his chest. His hands rubbed up and down her back letting her know that he was awake as well.

Drake held her close to him, loving the feel of her soft body pressed against his. This was the feeling he'd been longing for but never achieved with his one night stands. It was the feeling of content; he was satisfied with just being there with her. Drake stroked her hair as the two of them laid there in silence. "How did you sleep?" he asked.

Raven smiled snuggling into him. "I didn't, somebody kept me up."

His mind did an instant replay of last night, recalling every single position that played out on the bed and the floor. "I didn't hear any complaints."

"Complaining was the furthest thing from my mind." She said with a laugh. "So what time is your flight?" Raven asked.

"10:15 a.m."

Raven sat up and ran her fingers through her hair in an attempt to get in under some kind of control. "Then we need to get out of this bed or you're gonna miss your flight."

Drake simply shrugged his shoulder, "Then I'll just catch another one," was his nonchalant reply. It wouldn't be the first time he's missed a flight. Then a thought came to him, "or I could book another seat."

Raven's eyes narrowed, she looked at him in a suspicious manner. "Aubrey, what are you talking about?"

"Why don't you take a vacation and come to L.A. with me? I can call up my travel agent and book you a ticket right now." Drake's arm reached out across the night stand for his phone, but Raven stopped him.

"That's sweet and everything, but I think we need to slow this down just a little bit," said Raven.

"Slow things down? I think it's a little too late for that."

"You know what I mean Aubrey. We haven't even been out on a date yet and you want me to come shack up in your house." It was bad enough she slept with him, she wasn't about to have him thinking that she was going to be on call booty.

"Yeah, but it's a really nice house." Drake reasoned.

Raven let out a sigh as she climbed on top of him to straddle his hips. "Listen, I know you're used to women falling over themselves to get to you, but I'm not like that. I don't need you paying my airfare and whatever else you're used to paying for. I don't want a sponsor, I just want you."

The biggest grin was now on his face. "So you're admitting that you want me?" he asked teasingly.

Raven stared at him with a blank expression. "Did you hear anything that I just said?"

His hands slowly moved up her bare thighs, "I did, but it's hard to listen with you on me like this." Raven sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes. She tried to climb off of him, but his hands locked around her hips keeping her in place. "Are you gonna miss me?" he asked in a more serious tone.

Raven placed her hand on her chin giving it some thought. When a couple of seconds went by with no response, she felt him pinch her side, making her laugh. "Alright, maybe just a little bit. But if you're good, you might be seeing me a lot sooner than you think." Raven had yet to tell him about her move to L.A., she decided to keep that to herself for now until she found out where his head was at.

Raven's thumb ran across his bottom lip before she held it captive between her own. She savored every inch of his mouth with her tongue. When the need for air was too much she pulled away and began planted kisses on his chin. Raven moved further down stopping briefly at his collarbone giving him a subtle nip. Drake bit down on his lip, feeling the warmth of her tongue ease down his abdomen. His fingers clenched the bedsheets to keep his impatient hands from pushing her head further south. The muscles in his stomach tighten as she kissed right above the waistband of his boxers. The impending act made the blood in his brain rush to his hardening shaft. He waited with anticipation, but all of that was shattered when the doorbell rang. 'Fuck!' he cursed to himself. Drake thought if he just laid there and ignored it, then whoever it was would go away, but then he heard a sound that couldn't be mistaken for anything but a door opening.