Chapter 34

Raven was making her way up the stairs to the V.I.P section. The guard removed the velvet rope to allow her to enter the secluded area where Drake stood about forty feet away. As she moved in closer, she was sure to see him talking to Dollicia and Ryan saw this, which is why he made an interception.

"Raven!" Ryan embraced Raven in a bear hug lifting her off her feet and shifting their bodies to block her view.

Raven was caught off guard by Ryan's sudden embrace. She let out a low yelp feeling his arms wrap around her squeezing her arms at her side. "Ryan... you can let me go now." Their closeness allowed her to catch a whiff of the alcohol on his breath. 

"Not yet." He said while still holding her and stalling for his cousin.

At this point Raven was giving him some serious side eye. She tilted her head back to get a good glimpse at him and was greeted by his teasing smirk. "Okay, now I know you're high... boy quit playing around and put me down." Finally he released her. Her hands smoothed down the front of her dress as her eyes scanned the room trying to seek out Drake.

She saw Hush, and some random chick, 40 and another random chick, Chubbs, some more random chicks and lastly there was Niko with, wait for it... more random chicks. 'This is going to be an interesting night.' She thought to herself while staring at the intoxicated faces that were blurred by the cloud of smoke surrounding them. Ryan's voice lifted her from her thoughts bringing her attention back to him.

"No, for real though. Who was that girl you were talking to down there?" He asked looking over the balcony.

Raven followed his eyes peeking over the balcony to see who he was looking at. "Danielle? We used to work together. Why?" Raven looked him up and down, seeing his interest she shook her head profusely. "Uh-uh, don't even think about it."
"What? You not gonna introduce me to her?"
"Hell no." she stated sternly. If it's one thing she learned in life, it's never set up people you know, because when things go bad, you always end up in the middle of it. Besides, Ryan hasn't reached the settle down phase in his life yet, and Raven didn't want her friend to get hurt.

"Why not?" He asked crossing his arms in front of him.

"Why? Because there's a red head sitting next to Chubbs and judging from the mean mug she's currently giving me, I'm guessing she's with you." said Raven causing Ryan to look in the direction of said woman whose glare was fixed on the both of them.

He turned back to Raven sporting a coy smirk knowing she was right. "Listen Raven, sharing is caring. I'm just too much man for one woman."

'At least he's honest about it.' Raven sighed and patted him on the shoulder "And that is why I'll never hook you up with any of my friends." She laughing, but she soon stopped when her eyes drifted into the direction of the man approaching her.

It's been three days since she's seen Drake, so naturally the smile on her face widened having him in front of her. He was dressed causal, but well put together in a pair of dark jeans and black shirt with the sleeves pushed up to his elbow. She was so enamored with seeing him, that she didn't notice the off details in his demeanor. Her happiness didn't mirror his, where her face was all smiles, his was all tight lips, set jaw and piercing eyes. Forgetting all about Ryan, she helped close the distance between them. "Hey, babe!" Raven wrapped her arms around his neck kissing him enthusiastically, but his lip was unmoving against hers causing her to pull back with a questioning gaze. "Is everything okay?"

Drake did nothing but stare at her. Just like that Dollicia had twisted his mind and he didn't know what to think of the woman in front of him. He wanted to say fuck no, everything isn't okay, but instead he just nodded. "I'm cool. What took you so long getting here?"