part 1

Hope you enjoy

////////////////

Emi's pov

I lay in my bathtub soaking up all  the hot water while rethinking my life decisions. I've always wanted to kill the devil. The source of all evil, but he's not evil in this world. Maybe back in Ente Isla he was bad, but he's changed. Something has changed inside of me as well. I hear the door bell ring and sigh. "Why do people always annoy me at the wrong time." I quickly get out, wrap a towel around me and look through the little hole in the door. I see Maou and open the door. "Hey Emi I have a really important question to ask you and I'm kinda freaking out." I was about to ask if he wants to come in, but he walks in and sit on my couch. I close the door and walk into the living room. "Wait here Maou I'm going to put some clothes on." I walk into my room, put clothes on and walk back to Maou. "So what's the problem Maou. Why did you come all the way over here." He scratched his head. "Well Chiho kinda asked me to be her boyfriend yesterday, but I didn't know how to react, so I said I'd give her an answer today." That kinda made me jealous in a way. "So how do you feel about her. Do you have any romantic for her." He thought for a sec before answering. "No I don't. She's a very nice girl, but she's not the person I love." I hung onto those words for a sec. I was relieved that he didn't like her, but I also felt kinda mean for feeling relieved. "Well who do you like if you don't mind me asking." I don't expect him to tell me, but surprises happen everyday. "I doubt she'd like me. I'm sorry, but that information is private." He lean backs into the couch. "Do you not trust me or something." He laughed. "You've been trying to kill your entire life. Even on that fact and you had your sword to me neck you wouldn't give me the final blow." I smile. "True I'm not your enemy anymore, but I still need to keep an eye on you so you don't hurt innocent people." His smile faded. "You know I won't hurt innocent people in this world. I've already proven myself to be trusted. I could've left you to face judgement by that angel, but I saved you with help, but that isn't the point." I was about to speak, but he got up off my couch and went to the front door. "I'm sorry for intruding and taking your time. I thought you started to think differently of me. I'll do my best not to hurt innocent people." He leaves and closes the door behind him. I touched my cheek and felt a tear down my cheek. I shouldn't of said that. I'm gonna need to apologise. My phone started to beep. I looked at the time and saw it was 8:50 AM. "Jeez I'm gonna be late. I grab my purse and bolt out the door. I barely make it to the bus stop and head into work with a few minutes to spare. I head to my station and put on my headset. "Hey Emi you were almost late, is everything ok." Luckily I still have my friend for support. "Relationship issues." She isn't to keen on that topic. "Well hopefully it gets better. You wanna talk about it." I sighed. "It's nothing that you can help with sorry." I mean I wasn't exactly wrong on the matter. I'll just bring him something to apologise.

////////////////////////////

Hope you enjoy