Chapter Five

Rosie's POV 

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" I yell as I run down the hall from my bedroom and down the stairs to where Daddy was in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"Princess, no running in the house. Understood?" He demands, glaring softly at me.

"But look how cute I am, Daddy!" I exclaim with a giggle and I twirl around for him. I was wearing a black skirt with a panda bear sweatshirt, black over the knee socks, and black and white converse.

He gasps softly and walks over to me, lifting me up and spinning us around. "Would you look at that! My little princess got dressed all by herself! You look so beautiful, baby girl! Daddy's proud of you, little one."

"Can I dress myself more, Daddy?!" I ask excitedly, bouncing in his arms.

"Maybe, baby girl. We'll see," he smiles and kisses my cheek. "Come on, let's eat and then we need to head to the store since we didn't go yesterday."

After Daddy and I had gotten home yesterday I was passed out. It was really late by the time I woke up again and we spent the rest of the night watching TV together before we fell asleep again.

Daddy sets me down on the counter and grins at me. "You're so cute, my adorable little princess."

"Nu Daddy!" I argue, hiding my face in my hands.

He laughs and uncovers my face before pressing his lips to mine. I pull back when I run out of breath and he smiles softly, kissing my nose.

"Let's eat, princess."

~~

"Now, I need you to be on your best behavior. Can you do that for Daddy?" Daddy asks as he lifts me up out of the car seat and places me on the ground.

"Otay Daddy," I say with a smile. He holds my hand and shuts the door before walking into the building.

On the way to the store, Daddy had gotten a call from a friend of his about a project. He said it was important to stop by before we go shopping so that he can look over it tonight. His friend was a dominant as well and apparently her little was here for me to play with.

Daddy takes me onto the elevator and he bends down to look up at me. "Baby, Ms. Watson and I have been friends for years. Her little is a bit mean, okay? But I need you to try to be nice. If something happens, I'll be right there for you to come to me. Can you try for me though?"

"I'll try daddy. I have Oreo with me anyways," I shrug lightly and smile. He give a slight smile back and stands up. I hold my arms up as we almost reach our floor. "Upies."

He chuckles and lifts me up, placing me on his hip. The elevator dings and he walks out, just to be met by a woman dressed in a tight black dress. Her blonde hair was pulled up in a perfect bun and her piercing blue eyes made her seem even more intimidating.

"Jackson, dear, how are you?" The woman says, walking over. Daddy goes to put me down but she stops him. "She's clearly comfortable. Leave her be for a bit."

"Thanks, Chloe," Daddy says and readjusts me while I bury my face in his neck. "How have you been?"

"I've been alright, Jane is a mess though," Ms. Watson answers. "Come, I'll give you the papers and then you and your darling little can get back to...?"

"Shopping," Daddy chuckles, walking through the door that she was holding open. "She needs some new stuff and I wanted the chance to get her out of the house for a bit."

"Makes sense. You'll always know how a little acts in private but put them in public and their true behavior shines through." Ms. Watson laughs and then I hear her heels clicking away somewhere. "Rosie can sit and play with Jane while we talk."

I knew she wasn't asking daddy if that's what I wanted to do but clearly Daddy didn't have much of a problem with it when he sets me on the floor. I try to reach out and hold onto him but he gently pushes my hands away and kisses my head.

"Just for a little bit, baby," he promises quietly. I give a small pout and he kisses my nose with a smile before walking over to where Ms. Watson was.

I look down at the floor and see a girl about my age staring up at me. She had coloring stuff out and I sit down with a small smile.

"Hi. My name's Rosie. Can I color with you?" I ask her politely. She scoffs and turns back to look down at her drawing. My smile fades and I turn away from her, deciding not to try and argue with her. I hate conflict.

Oreo will keep me company.

I was having a conversation with Oreo in my head while making him dance around and act all kinda of goofy. I would giggle here and there and I would feel the three of them glance at me from time to time but I didn't care. Until it happened.

Ms. Watson's little grabbed Oreo from my hands...

And ripped his head off.

It was like my entire world stopped right then and there. I couldn't even bring myself to gasp or do anything for a whole two minutes.

And then it started.

The waterworks.

It was soft at first but then I cried out really loudly which brought Daddy and Ms. Watson's attention to me.

"Princess!" Daddy exclaimed and rushed over to me, bending down to my height. He tried to touch me but I pushed him away and sat there, shaking and crying my heart out.

"What happened?" I heard Ms. Watson demand to Jane.

"I don't know, Mommy. She's just a cry baby," Jane remarked.

"O-O-Oreo..." I whimper out softly to Daddy. He looks at me and then looks near Jane, or more specifically where she had stashed Oreo's body and head under the couch.

Daddy pulls him out and hands the two pieces to Ms. Watson so she knew what happened before lifting me up into his arms.

"Shhhh, baby girl. Daddy's got you. Hush now, darling. How about when we go to the store we can buy you a bunch of new stuffies? Huh? How does that sound?" Daddy says, gently bouncing me and trying to sooth me.

"Oh, no. You are getting punished for this. Don't even try to get out of it," I hear Ms. Watson state after I calm down a little bit.

Daddy hugs me tightly and kisses down my neck lightly. "I'm sorry baby girl but I promise we'll get a lot of new stuffies, okay?"

"But-But... I got Oreo from my mom, Daddy. Before she died..." I whimper and start tearing up all over again.

"Shh, baby, shh. It'll be okay, yeah? You're gonna make yourself sick crying like this, little one. Just breath for Daddy," he says softly to me.

Once I had calmed down a bit, Daddy gives his attention to the other two in the room. "Chloe, I know you give bad punishments already. But this time, make it worse. That was Rose's favorite toy, the one she never went anywhere without."

"She will be punished severely. I promise. And I am very very sorry, Rosie, that this has happened. If you want, Jane can give you her favorite stuffie?" Ms. Watson offers.

"What?! No! I'm not giving anything to that cry baby! She -" Jane's sentence was cut off by the sound of a slap. I let out a soft whimper and bury my face further into Daddy's neck.

"Chloe, I think it's time we take our leave." Daddy says and he kisses my head.

"Of course, I'll walk you out," She responds. "You. Stay here and don't move."

Daddy walks both of us to where the elevator is and Ms. Watson comes behind us. "I am very sorry for her."

"It's alright. We'll try to find some more stuffies and get some ice creams to make it better. Right baby?" Daddy says and then asks me.

I give him a small nod and then turn to look at Ms. Watson. "Thank you for your apology, Ms. Watson. It's accepted. And you don't need to worry about Jane giving me anything. She can keep all her toys. I forgive her."

Ms. Watson and Daddy both look shocked. "Really?" They both speak. I nod and lean my head on Daddy's shoulder.

"I'll be in touch about the project, Chloe." Daddy says as we step into the elevator. "Bye."

"Bye."