Chapter Nine

Jackson's POV 

Laughter bounced through the halls as I walked inside the house. Sam followed in behind me, chuckling softly when he heard the noise. 

"Seems like leaving those two together was a good idea," I say with a chuckle of my own. 

"Seems like leaving them with threats was a good idea," he corrects, following me into the kitchen. I laugh and open the fridge, pulling out two beers for us. We go and sit down on the couch to continue our conversation from earlier while the girls we having their fun. 

"So she agreed to let you train her?" Sam asks, taking a swig of his beer. 

I chuckle as I pull the bottle away from my lips. "Yeah. She didn't even hesitate. Once we start I'm worried she'll regret it though." 

Sam was my best friend. He had gone through similar things as me, in his childhood and his situation with Sarah. Sarah was from the academy as well and had graduated with us. Sarah was in our year and they had hit it off as soon as Sam had gotten to the school. 

"Dude, she loves you and trusts you, right?" He asks and I nod. "Then remember that. Just make sure to take care of her and you won't have a problem. And besides, you've known her long enough to know if she's not feeling good about something." 

"Yeah," I agree as I hear footsteps come down the stairs. 

"Daddy!" Sarah yells, running over to Sam. He grins and stands up, scooping her up in his arms and spinning her around making her laugh. 

A grin was on my face as well until I look over at the stairs and see Rose just standing at the top, looking down. I get up and walk upstairs, stopping when I was two steps away from her. 

"Rose?" I ask softly, putting my hand on her chin and lifting it up. "What's wrong?" 

"You're gonna be mad at me," She whispers, looking down again. 

I sigh and move closer to her, lifting her up and letting her wrap herself around me. "I won't be, baby. Just tell me what happened." 

"We made a mess," She whispers, tucking her head into my neck. I kiss her shoulder softly and walk into her bedroom. 

There were all kinds of clothes all over the room, even some of my clothes. There were also a ton of toys thrown all over the room, all of her stuffed animals seemed to have been taken off of the shelf and thrown randomly. Coloring books, crayons, sticker sheets, and - 

"Is that paint on the wall?" I ask her, setting her down on the messy floor. 

"What the hell happened here?" I hear Sam ask and I turn around. Sarah looks down, realizing she would be in trouble for this also. 

"We were just playing and then..."Rose trails off and I sigh. 

I bend down in front of her and look up at her. "Baby... you painted on the walls. That's a big no-no. Do you understand?" 

"Yes, Daddy," She whispers. 

"I'm sorry, Sirs. We weren't trying to make such a mess," Sarah says from behind me. 

"And yet you did," Sam says in a strict voice. 

Sarah sniffles and I turn to see Sam lift her up and whisper in her ear. I look at Rose and see her just standing there, looking down at the floor. 

"Hey," I say softly, lifting her chin up so she was looking at me. "I love you, baby girl. Nothing you do will ever change that."

"But - but you're gonna punish me," She whimpers softly.