Chapter Nineteen

"Hello?" I answer, putting the phone up to my ear. I was at the club with Chloe, helping put everything together. The stuff had arrived a few days ago and we have been spending every day here. 

"Hey, baby," Daddy's voice comes through the phone. 

"Hey, Daddy," I giggle softly. "What's up?" 

"I was wondering if you wanted me to pick you up for dinner? We can go wherever you want," He says, using a singsong voice which makes me grin. 

"I'd love that, Daddy. Will you be done soon?" I ask him, looking around at the work we still had to do. 

"About half an hour. That okay?" 

"That's perfect. Oh! Can we get Tacos?!"

"Haha, yeah, baby. We can. I'll be there as soon as I can. I love you." 

"I love you more, Daddy."

"Nah. I love you more, my little princess."

"Nu, Daddy. I wove chu mores!" 

"Nope! I love you the most. Now stop arguing with Daddy and get back to work, kitten. I'll see you soon." 

I giggle and roll my eyes. "Yes, Daddy." He chuckles and I just knew he was shaking his head. "Bye, Daddy." 

"Bye, baby girl," He says, making a soft kissing noise. 

"I love you!" I exclaim, laughing as I quickly hang up so he can't argue. Another laugh comes from somewhere and I turn around, smiling at Chloe as she walks over to me. 

"You really are good for him, you know?" She asks, leaning against the counter. 

"I can only hope," I say with a shy smile, tilting my head down. 

"It's true. Now what next?" She asks with a smile, looking around at the work we still had to do. 

I hum softly and look around as well. The walls were a dark grey and the floors were a dark wood. Most of the furniture matched that theme, aside from the chairs and couches as well as any pillows or table cloths, and the big rug we received. That was all red. 

As for the look of the main room, it was simple. As you walk in the front door, there's a bar where people can sit and hang out before going through a doorway and into the main room. Once you're in the main room, there's a stage. The stage is where doms and subs can come to put on a show. All around the room on the walls there are tables and chairs as well as a few booths. 

We were standing by the bar and I finally decide what we could do. "Maybe we could - " I got cut off when the door opens, making Chloe and i both turn our heads toward the noise. 

There was a man standing there, hands in pockets, hood on, and dressed in all black. He  looked oddly familiar. I vaguely heard Chloe say something to him as I rack my brain, trying to figure out where he was from. The man look up from under his hood, lifting his head to look me in the eyes. Suddenly, all my memories came rushing back. 

"No..." I whisper, stumbling back a step. 

"Miss me, Rosie?" He asks, a smirk coming onto his face. My body starts to shake as he takes a few steps towards me. 

"Who the hell are you?!" Chloe demands, stepping forward to let me be behind her. 

"Isn't it obvious?" He asks, stepping to be only a few inches from her. "I'm her father." 

Jackson's POV

I pull up outside the bar and notice a car I didn't recognize there. Maybe Chloe had someone to visit. My phone rings as I open my door and step out. 

"Jackson Black," I answer my phone. 

"Hey, J. I just got a call from the L.A. office. Everything is going good so far but the new manager had some questions for ya," Sam explains. I could hear typing in the background and Jane giggle softly. "I answered what I could but he - " 

Suddenly a gunshot sounded followed by two very familiar screams. My heart stopped and for a split second I couldn't move. But when I heard the cry of pain, everything clicked back into place. 

"Sam! Call 911 NOW!" I yell into the phone, dropping it as I run inside the bar. The sight in front of me caused my vision to go red with anger. Rose was on the floor, blood surrounding her as Chloe put pressure on her leg which must have been the source of the blood. There was a man standing a few feet away from me, holding the gun. 

Instinct kicked in and I ran to him, tackling him to the ground. I caught him off guard, grabbing the gun and throwing it across the floor. My fists balled up and I stared landing punches to his ugly face. I couldn't stop. I just kept punching him over and over. I hear his nose break, could see all the blood and bruises but I didn't care. He hurt her. He hurt the love of my life. He wasn't going to get away with it. 

"Get him off!" A voice yelled from behind me before two sets of hands grabbed my arms and pulled me up and off of the man. I was panting and grunting, trying to pull away and keep punching him. 

"Jackson!" I hear Chloe yell, making my attention snap to her instead of the half-conscious man on the floor. 

I see Rose staring at me with tears rolling down her cheeks as she shook, eyes scared. All of my anger fled me as I yank myself out of the arms holding me back. I go over to Rose and fall down beside her, pulling her body to mine and wrapping my arms around her tight. Her arms wrap around me as she buries her face in my chest, sobbing. Chloe kept holding her leg to make sure that there wasn't a ton of blood loss while the officers and EMT's took care of the man. 

Rose and I didn't speak a single word as the EMT's bring the stretcher over and lift Rose onto it. I get up, following as she gets loaded into the ambulance. Her hand lifts up as we start driving to the hospital. I grip her hand in mine tightly and hold it against my chest. 

"I love you," She whispers, rubbing my hand with her thumb. "Never forget that." 

"Don't you dare talk like that," I tell her strictly. I could hear it in her voice. The goodbye. "You're going to be fine, baby. Just fine." 

She has to be...