61

I was sitting at 'Scenery' with Lija and enjoying my breakfast while she had her face cupped in her hands and slurped away on her iced coffee.

"you sure don't want anything to eat?" I nudged her feet with mine to get her attention.

"the food will come out shooting the hole it went in, so no thanks" and she again focused on the way her coffee swayed in her straw, up and down, up and down.

"I don't want to say I told you buuuut I told you to stop drinking that much" I mused and watched her lift her head up abruptly.

"that asshole Mingi was challenging me, how could I just sit there and accept defeat Somin?" Lija snorted but blush covered her cheeks.

"whatever makes you sleep sweets" I provoked and emphasized on the nickname Mingi gave her the night before.

"don't you start Somin" she hissed while balling her hand into an angry fist.

"what? It's cute"

"no it's not! I can't stand him" Lija scowled and vainly tried to make me believe that the things I saw yesterday were just plain arguing and bickering among people that didn't like each other.

"oh my God is that Mingi with a girl?" I let out a fake gasp and looked above her head.

"what? Where?" Lija shot up from her hunched position and attempted to fix her messy hair. Attempted.

"someone has a crush~" I laughed out loud and wheezed out.

"fuck you" she snarled and kicked my shin from underneath the table.

"Ouch don't be so violent!" I whined, rubbing the affected spot with my hands.

"be grateful that I didn't step on your big fat ugly toe" the ash-blonde had the nerve to smirk at her remark and look like someone who just won an award.

"my toe is not-" I started but the ringing of my phone cut me off.

'Mom (Park)' was written on my Display and gave me the freight of my life.

why on earth is she calling? What the hell did I do now? Please don't tell me she found out!

In the state of panic I slid my phone to Lija and looked at her with wide eyes.

"what?" she whisper yelled and looked at me with the same way I probably looked at her.

"my mother in law" I whispered and pointed towards my phone.

"Now what? Wait why are we whispering?!"

"I don't know but quick tell me what to do" I could already feel my hands get clammy.

Lija slid the phone back to me "pick it up you wuss!"

"No I ca-" I began... "can! Yes you can and will Somin" she finished and gave me a final glare.

I wiped my clammy hands on my jeans and hesitantly picked the still ringing phone up.

S: hello?

M: Somin! Sweetheart how are you?

S: I'm fine mom, how are you?- please do not know about me and Jimin- I prayed.

M: good but I'm disappointed Somin. -and my heart stopped beating

S: w- what? Why?

M: you and my stupid son haven't called me in I don't know, two months?

S: i know I'm sorry but we've been so busy lately- I tried to find a better lie but couldn't quite come up with a believable one

M: that's what that fool told me before I called you. Oh my poor kids I understand that work is important but don't overwork yourselves okay?

S: hmm okay, we'll try our best. How's dad and things at the company?

M: everything back here is good and still alive- she joked and I could already imagine the cute tiny crinkles near her eyes whenever she laughed

S: that's good- I nervously swirled the straw around my smoothie

please hang up- please hang up - I chanted in my head.

M: hmm- oh right! I called to let you know that the annual New Years party is this Friday, you and Jimin need to be there and please don't forget to bring Jungkook and Taehyung along.

S: oh? I'm not sure If I can make it mom. I'm pretty bu-

M: busy...I know but I'm not accepting a 'no'. I already used all my energy on that with your husband. We haven't seen you in long Somin. Your parents want to see you too. Please just try to come, even if it's just for a day.

S: I can't promise anything but I'll try my best.

M: Thank you so much darling! By the way do you know why Jimins in a bad mood today?

S: no? But don't worry, it might just be a little stress and exhaustion from all the work in his company or he didn't get a change to yell at one of his employees the whole week.

M: makes sense. But he did sound weird when I asked about you.

S: how so?

M: I asked him to pass you the phone but he just snorted and said that you weren't home or something like that.

S: yeah? We'll he did loose a bet and had to stay at home, doing chores while the winner got to go out and enjoy.

M: that could be another reason for his foul mood. -she laughed wholeheartedly- Alright. That was all, take care!

S: You too mom! Bye.

I ended the call and took deep breaths in and out. It took me a while to calm my rapidly beating heart down.

"you sneaky little liar" Lija grinned and applauded me.

"shut up Lija. I'm so fucked" I groaned and planted my forehead on the table.

 I'm so fucked" I groaned and planted my forehead on the table

Pls don't ask me anything, bye

- Nii