Chapter 2- Manzar

You drew memories in my mind,

I could never erase.

______________________

Manzar's POV

Breathe!

Just inhale!

Take a deep breath.

And exhale.

Since from the past one week I'm chanting this same mantra in my head, keep on reminding myself- it's just a normal meet up- a normal catch up for old times sake. Nothing is going to change after this, there isnt going to be a beginning of something new- like the last time. You are no longer the same.

This moment you are no innocent, this time you are a strong-the independent woman like you always wanted to be. Your guards are high till the clouds, your hopes are till eternity and your walls are unbreakable this time. You wont let anyone in- Let him in.

You won't let that happen again.

Sitting on the window side of the public transport, I gazed outside, out there I found myself reminiscing the same day when I drive in here with all of them.

I was here the first when I was in my second year of graduation, during the winter break, it was planned, a trip to Kasol. After lots of convincing and making several promises to our parents, we all were granted the permissions to spend three days in the most beautiful place here in Himachal.

The last thing expected was my life to take that trip as a turning point, everything changed after that, my life switched itself from being simple and plain to something interesting and happening.

The bus took a sharp right turn and my eyes travelled to the same mountain where I made the most unexpected memory with him.

That was my first evening here, only a few hours have passed since we arrived the land of Kasol, I was there to prepare myself for tomorrow- being the dramatic one, I was scared of heights and everyone knew about my drama.

He was there to adventure, to live the time he had, he wasnt the part of my friend's group but was a part of our team- like we met each other through common friends, I met him because of my elder sister. He was her best friend's twin brother.

He was there to have his part of the adventure, was all alone by himself. I stood there staring at the never-ending height of the hill- though it was just 42 feet high. Wearing harness around his toned figure, gripping the ropes with his gloved hands and descending down flawlessly like it was his reality, he was born doing this.

Noticing my frozen horror-filled face he laughed halting on his way, and I stood dumb-founded, internally screaming to call someone to help this man in case he fell and broke every single bone in his body.

The moment he reached me, a grin made its way on his face, he wasnt just what we call handsome, he was different, and that face was variant.

Long and broad face but not too long, big brown eyes- deep enough to hide an whole ocean within them, sharp nose and jaw-line, cheeks with slight 5 O'clock stubble along with a hint of moustache and full light pink lips. What held me to stare longer was those eyes, which were staring down at me from his tall 6'2 frame with the same comprehending intensity.

"You look like the one who is scared of heights."

I laughed in humour, so the horror was that evident,

"a little bit, unlike you I wasnt born doing this."
It was pure sarcasm in order to defend my horrified ass.

Now this time he laughed,
"come on, its not that tough as it seems."