Chapter 10 - Pace

She was the type to fall in love with the moon,
and everything that was beautifully,
unreachable.
_____________________

Manzar's POV

"I called Veer and informed him about our location."
Rudra informed me as soon as I stepped out of their bedroom in a fresh pair of clothes.

Anusha's outfit was a bit big for me. She is tall.

"The line was too disturbed due to the weather, so I asked him to inform Seher as well."
I nodded.

"Right, about the weather, it will take about 36 hours for the sky to clear and 48 for the roads to open, you both need to wait till then, we'll drive you back as soon as everything gets fine." Siddharth assured.

Both Siddharth and Rudra were sitting on the dining table talking when I met them, Bebe and Anusha were in the kitchen getting dinner set.

I nodded once again at them and decided to join the ladies.

I turned and almost bumped with Anusha,
"I'm sorry."

"You almost destroyed my favourite dish."
Bebe whined from behind.

All laughed, while I pouted,

"It's okay, she is just kidding. Come let's eat." Anusha said noticing my face
.
.
.

15 minutes past, still on dining table I found myself in dilemma whether to ask or not?

I looked at Siddharth, he was a bit intimidating and somewhat I found him scary... so no not him.

He seems like someone who cares for only his near and dear ones, a strange dominating air around him, eyes sharp whenever he look at someone yet melt down in front of Anusha.

Then my eyes rested on Anusha, who don't speak much but smiles often, a small adorable smile.

Warmth in her eyes, but she is someone who can get everything out of your system within seconds, leaving you totally vulnerable in front of her, yet her own feelings remain captive. She doesn't look like a woman who let herself out to someone so easily. The woman ask for efforts- a lot of them.

"Do you want something, Manzar?"
Anusha asked in her sweet but insisting voice

See! I told you.

"No...um I am fine."
I said shaking my head, everyone was looking at me, Rudra touched my leg with his in a reassuring way. He is there for me, it says.

"It's okay, don't be shy."
She mouthed smiling and looked down, concentrating back on her food.

I turned to look at Rudra, who creased his forehead and nodded asking me

I bit my lip and rubbed my fingers, looking back at Anusha

"Actually, I washed my and Rudra's clothes, was wondering where to hang them to dry?"

Silence.

No one spoke for 5 good seconds, until Bebe snickered.

I turned to look at her, horrified.

"Oh... bache."
Anusha cooed

Everyone laughed accept Anusha, who just grinned.

"You could've asked me earlier... it's fine, let's eat dinner first then I will take you."

Embarrassed I nodded lamely, Rudra rubbed my head smiling,

"You are too cute." He whispered near my cheek almost as if kissing.