Chapter - 17 Trembling

'Love like flowers and fire'

__________________________

Manzar's POV

Approaching the receptionist never felt like a tough task of the world famous hospital, Max.
I was hyperventilating when I reached her, maybe my face was more horrifying than I was thinking because as soon as I reached she asked me,
“You okay ma’am?”

I read a book once when I was in my late school days, the words I quote said- we get all defensive when there is a possible threat looming upon our heads, the threat could be in several forms, it could be an actual life or death situation where you are being hunted or it could be when your food is being hunted and you are scared to lose what you’ve gained after so much struggle.

I was rambling in my head, the words were not quoted the exact way I’ve read them yet my mind was relating me to them.

The defense system was so active right now that it was searching for holes so that my person can be protected. So that I could prevent myself some hate from the people I love. The people matter to me.

I wasn’t the wise one, I never was. I needed to defend myself to prevent my self loathing.

The urge to hide and shut her with a sarcasm was too much, but almost too much damage was already done.

I nodded still huffing,
“What is the room number, Dr. Seher Saini is in? I am her sister.”

“One second ma’am”
she looked at me worriedly and then went back on her computer work.

The lady behind the desk did some tick-tack on her computer and I was losing all my patience.

“Please hurry, She must be about to have a bab…”

“Oh, she gave birth to a healthy baby boy, just half an hour ago, Manzar. Congratulations.”
Said a voice behind me.

Upon turning I came across a familiar face of Seher’s friend, Dr. Mukund, who was wearing his scrubs.

“Which room?” I asked him

Both him and the receptionist replied together, “119 B first floor”

I just needed the room number because my steps were already dragging me to the destination.

“Both her and the baby are fine, Manzar. Walk, don’t run.” Came Dr. Mukunds’ response but I wasn’t in a mood to slow down.

I wasn’t in mood to acknowledge the guy my mother once tried to set me up with.

Within seconds I was in front of their room, I wasn’t able to hear what was going inside but I was surely able to hear my thudding heart.

It was palpitating.

I took three deep breaths and then knocked twice on the door before opening.

I wasn’t even able to slip my toe inside when Aditya’s face was in front of me,
“I don’t need you here. Get out!”
he boomed

He shut the door on my face. Just then I heard the soft cries of my nephew, I was dying to see him.

“Aditya, Bhaia, please let me meet her, just once please. I’m sorry Seher. So sorry.”

I cried not caring everybody was looking at me, nurses sharing glances and few other patients looking at me weirdly.

“Seher please! Please Seher. I know I was wrong. I promise I will not do anything like this ever again please, Seher. Please.”