Chapter 22 - Manzar

'and into the wild I go,
to lose my heart and lost my soul'

_____________________

Manzar’s POV

I wasn’t done yet.

I needed to pinch two or more ears.

After nine thirty that night found me eating fruit custard in my now soon to be in-laws backyard.

Their house was beautiful and backyard was breath-taking.

I was sitting in one of the bamboo sofa kept in there beside Rudra’s mom and I was listening to both of our dads talking.
They were talking politics and I was a proud participant in, adding one or three statements where-ever required.

Colonel Sinha was capable enough to debate me and Dad together.

I was listening to them talk about someone holding a huge amount of black money in their sswiss bank accounts when Ruhani asked for my attention.

Smiling I left the group of Moms and Dads and joined the people my age.

“What were you doing there? Come join people your age.”
Rudra remarked and I gave him a raised eyebrow to which everyone wooed.

“I see what you did there”
Aditya laughed patting Rudra’s back, complimenting me.

Holding my smile I gave a blank face once again and sat beside my sister, she was dead meat by now.
Her back must have been aching from all that baby carrying and breastfeeding.

I took the baby from her and held him to my chest, he made some baby like sounds and snuggled into me, I smiled.

How can something be this beautiful.

“You love kids?” Ruhani asked

“I do”
I said settling comfortably on the lounge sofa, sighing

“Seher never liked kids”
She laughed looking at my sister who was now slouched against the sofa.

Seher beamed and looked at her baby.

“Guess who’s his mommy.” I joked cooing at the sleeping baby

They all laughed silently.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Aditya giving Seher love eyes, Seher blushed when he held her hand and squeezed it a little.

Sometimes I am envious of my sister.

I smiled to myself and looked at the stars in the open sky. Even the moon has its own sky.

“If you guys don’t mind can I take my Manzar with me.”

“all yours to behold”
my sister said beaming

I gave her a stink eye.
“I am not going anywhere, not with you specifically”

Rudra laughed and standing held a hand in front of me.

I gave a face saying ‘never going to happen’ when my mother called to give her the baby.

Rudra, taking at s his chance held me by my shoulders and brought me to his room no matter how many times I tugged myself free.

He was smiling throughout.

Oh! Now you know me.

Once inside his bedroom, he dragged me to the center and locked the door.

I held my breath, I was scared because I knew whatever is going to happen I am going to willfully accept it.
I was that much in love with this man.