Chapter 8- freezing

'Well, find a place where every single things tells you to stay'
_______________

Manzar's POV

I was losing my sanity like anything. I was a speaking and a crying mess.

It’s been around 2 or 3 hours since I cried my heart out inside my room and then decided to walk it all out, and now here I am in the center of nowhere in the jungle.

It’s raining like anything, like it never rained before as far as I’ve been here, well there is always first time for everything.

If this continues any longer then there will be chances for more problems and I’m out and just realised I don’t know the pa…

I heard someone tripping.

I didn’t turned instead I hid my person behind the trunk I’ve been sitting, I tried to peek but nothing came into my vision it was all dark and too green-y for my eyes sake.

“Listen, whoever you are… I’m not alone, my husband is an IAS officer and he got a gun and is out…um… close by looking for food for me. All I have to do is to call for him.” I warned

No one replied.

I panicked even more, I was certain there are no tigers here except for the rumors,

“Listen you better speak up because I know there are no tigers in this area… if you are not a monkey as if.”

Still no one replied.

“If you are a monkey, which you definitely are, then at least speak in your monkey voice, or I am calling my husband, who is an IAS officer with a gun, if you don’t remember.”

The person or the man I realized just now, laughed.

A throaty laugh and it didn’t took me long to recognize the voice.

I had an heart attack right that instant – please tell me he hasn’t heard anything.

Just my luck!

I just called him my husband and that too for threatening him from himself.

And… not to forget I confessed still being in love with him for crying out loud.

We came face to face, he was still at a distance of 5-6 feet when I took in his expression , his eyes so intense, lips hiding a small smile, the cap he wore was hiding everything yet nothing from me.

I literally felt my heart racing and cheeks turning red no matter how cold I was outside I was burning once again not with anger this time, but with embarrassment and something more which was pretty a part of relief.

The slow pace he was using to reach me was nerve wrecking, all I wanted for him was to rush upto me and bark out what all he heard and leave me for fuck’s sake.

Yeah too embarrassed I know!

Speak up Boy!

Say something.

Why are you doing this to me? Whenever I want you to speak you are all quite.

“We need to get you back safely.” He said when we were only an arm distance part.

I clenched my teeth.

Really! This is all you got to say.

Seeing me not saying anything he sighed smiling,