Chapter 19 - Oh So Dramatic

'theres always a home for you
here in my heart,

I'll leave the lights on.'
Ben maxfield

After reading the quote my inner voice- 
Where are you?

_____________________

I was waiting for him to talk. You know.

_____________________

Rudra’s POV

Destiny brought us back together, though there was participation of two or few people but it was destiny’s call.

And I answered it.

I was nervous today. I was having unintentional tremors.

While standing in front of the ministers and my seniors I was rigid, trying really hard to cover it.
I had this twitching smile plastered on my face, my lips were twitching and the area around my eyes was flickering.

My face was having a panic attack and no one was there to rescue.

I asked my peon to take a picture of mine specially so that I could send it to my family.

My mom was happy for me today and my father was ecstatic – I had this strange feeling inside of me boasting that I succeeded. I was on cloud nine.

I sacrificed my personal life to gain the pride of my father.

I left the opportunity to gain all of my firsts at the right age and here I am now at this age now having all the firsts- delayed but it is better than never.

At the age of twenty seven I was having the moments with her, which we were supposed to have at my early twenties.

Like it is said – when it is time, love will find you.

My phone beeped.

I excused myself from the group I was talking to and moved to answer the message meanwhile get myself something to drink.

Her comments on my picture, where I was standing beside the name board were quite teasing.

She said- I like the name written on the board, but what I love more is the twitch of your eye.

How long have you been smiling like that? Your face might by now need icing?

I laughed. Few things never change. If only you were here Manzar.

And just like that I pictured her here with me, standing in front of me facing the crowd but mind on me, saying – cut the smile I know you can’t do it – according to her I make a brooding picture everytime I’m being photographed.

One particular request from her made me cringe, she asked me to send her a selfie – I just don’t know how to take one.

Gulping the diet coke in a single go I was looking for places secluded from every eye, where I could take one picture of mine.

My eyes rested near the front gates where pillars were guarding the entry gate and nobody seem to enter inside for now.

As one of my officer's passed by me, I smiled acknowledging his presence and walked out.

I cleared my throat once checking for any spectators and then took my phone out.

I took two pictures and stared at them for a complete minute and end up deleting them. The first one had my body looking big and face tiny where in the second picture my eyes were droopy.