Chapter 14- the smile slipped

I know. I know. Long time no see... I had some shit going on. Thank you for waiting lovies.
🌼

______________________

'We love like fireflies,
how we gravitate to each
other's glow'

-butterfly rising
_____________________

Rudra’s POV

We were packing our belongings. The next morning was due our departure.

Looking back at the time, once again I am leaving with memories. This time with a certainty to stay together. No leaving, no running. I am never repeating that again, I am capable for her now.

I was certain now I have everything which she will need. Anything she wants I am capable of.

The last time I was here, I left with a regret of not taking a step. This time I am leaving once again but with a hand in my hand.

We took the step.

Heard about the line, we will meet again once the time is right, never knew this would happen. The words would come true. I don’t think I will demand for anything anymore.

If earlier I left with something to dream about, now I am leaving with something to live upon.

Nobody to blame.

Because this is us, this is how we both have been. One with no patience and the other with lots of patience. We were meant to fit together.

Looking at her, it feels like gazing up in sky – looking for a shooting star. The star which will make my wish come true. The star which brightens my night, the hope to my dark.

She was the light to my soul. Hers were the steps needed in my home. The home I was building inside secretly for us.

“Rudra, you coming?

“Hold on a sec. I just—need these shoes inside—here done! Coming.”
I called out loud when I heard Veer’s retreating steps asking me to follow behind. I rushed out to match his pace.

“When is the bus coming next morning, again?”

“7 a.m. Why?”

“Nothing, just wanted to make sure.”

“Make sure what?”

“The timings, man…” I said bumping his arm with my fist,
“What’s up with you being all CBI over me?”

“Nothing. It’s just you are behaving quite unusual since you came back from your little, ‘lost in the forest with my still not over yet ex’ adventure”
he air quoted

“The fuck man!”
I glared

“Just saying—no offense. Both of you are being all secretive”

“How?”
I said halting in my steps only for him to join me face to face

“You are… see not really angry. There is this creepy smile on your face. What happened in the woods, Rudra?”

I was smiling?

I was making sure my face was marrying a scowl. How did the smile slipped?

I wasn't taking anything to heart since Manzar is back into my life. There was no reason to.

“I will take that as betrayal?”

“Excuse me?”

“Yes! Betrayal! You didn’t even tell me about you guys now back together!”