Chapter 12- The game of thinking

'Whenever I look at my reflection nowadays,
I see you growning in me'
______________

Manzar’s POV

Something was changed.

Apart from my feelings and disappearance of my curtains, something more was changed—I was struggling to figure out though.

When I got some free time, isolated from others, sitting on the bed and staring at my reflection in the mirror never felt so different

I was looking at myself with a different poem written in my eyes, the words and rhyme matching someone else’s voice, the melody was too intensified.

I don’t know what was it, I was adamant to stare a little longer, maybe just maybe after I would find my still unasked answers.

The shine of my eyes was radiating my happiness, the clumsiness of my body was reflecting my giddiness and the smile on my lips was showing my reasons.

I was enjoying this game now.

The game of me thinking and feeling all giddy all together.

I don’t know what we were and I was too unsteady to find out.

I wanted to ask him still the other part of me was shy to make a move, the other side was sure – whatever this was in between us, is what I need to cherish instead of asking.

Thinking I wasn’t getting anything in return just by staring I rested my gaze to my bag, sighing, I picked it up and pulled my change out.
The dinner was about to start.
.
.
.

The moment I walked out, I was never so conscious of myself.

He was sitting there wearing his turtle neck dark blue coloured sweater with black jeans, rocking the outfit like he always does.

I was suddenly aware of the pair of clothes I was in. I was wearing my washed denims and a cream blouse, to keep me warm I had a dark blue sweater on, which clumsily reach the tips of my fingers.

I found it cute earlier.

They were talking,
“I thought you must be eaten by a tiger by now, but look here you are.”
Vansh commented looking at Rudra, his tone all whining.

Ofcourse he was joking, he should be.

Everybody laughed, even Rudra, the way his eyes glistened hearing his friends’ lame remark, he knew it was intended for a laugh.

“You cannot get rid of me, Vansh, not anytime soon. I was sent to be your guardian angel.”

Rudra replied laughing and chugging on his beer.

Vansh, pouted resting his head on Urvi’s shoulder and replied pointing his beer at his friend,
“I think my guardian angel is drunk.”

Earning another round of laughter, smiling I shook my head— some things never change.

“And here comes mine.”
Urvi pointed at me

And I never dreaded too much attention before.

Ignoring every eye smiling at my best friend I made my way to the group. I was aware of the pair of brown looking at me, like I am the most beautiful thing on this planet, yet I was unsure of the beauty existence.

When I stood a fair distance apart from the crew, Ruhani called out.

“the food is ready.”

I turned to look at her, who was still serving dishes to every plate and calling each one of us to eat.