Chapter 7- Ache

'it would be a tragedy to love you quietly'

______________

Rudra's POV

I was aware of the presence in the woods.

I knew I sensed something moving still decided to let it be, maybe that’s what destiny has planned for me.

I knew someone was watching but never thought this could be her, she was the last person I was expecting because of her being the late riser and lazy soul.

The moment she stepped in front, nothing came out of me.

I was like a dead rock, wasn’t sure what I should feel. I was busted, my plan was now known and she was furious, more than ever.

How to make it all right?, was the only thought rushing in me.

I couldn’t stop Ruhani.

She was doing what a sister would do to protect her brother. God! She knew how much it hurt me see her like this.

To see her breaking because of the words she is playing wrong inside her head.

Ruhani’s temper was known, she is as calm as resting waters for one to begin with. She hardly snap or glare but here she did unexpected. She spilled everything out.

It breaks my heart knowing Manzar is now taking everyone of us as a traitor , I’m not worried about her calling me responsible for all this, I’m worried because now her wall are so high that no one can step in and comfort her.

Once again she pulled herself away from her friends.

I might be responsible for her pain, I happen to steal her friend away from her – as she said.

But it was never Urvi’s , Seher’s, Aditya’s and even Ruhani’s fault.

They were protecting her, helping me, planning a surprise for her… all they were doing was because they want to see us happy, because we are their friends.

Urvi and Vansh, were planning a surprise, Urvi was nervous to tell her the biggest news of her life, it was never her fault. She took it all wrong.

Ruhani was just defending her brother, her words might be harsh but it was her  heart who was speaking, she has seen her brother talking to himself, singing to himself, lost in himself for all those years, then where is she wrong?

Seher was saving her sister from heartbreak she wanted to turn a self proclaimed heartbreaking story into a cheesy romantic one. She wanted to play the cupid, to give us a cheesy ending.
She was saving her sister earlier from distraction like me, she wanted her to become independent, stand on her own, to become like her- like how she has turned now.

Aditya was protecting the girl who wear her heart on her sleeves, he was being an elder brother he was saving his little princess from getting hurt.

He has seen life, the struggles, the bitter truth and cruelty.  He wanted her to learn and trust her instincts to built herself well before stepping into something bigger as committing herself into a relationship.

She might be a mess, but there is no other masterpiece like her.

I love her, that’s all I know.

After she left all of us, there was a remorse silence around, no one was meeting each other’s eye.

Vansh was comforting a crying Urvi, a best friend. Veer was hugging Ruhani, a sister in pain. I was sitting on the rock from earlier with my phone clutching in a tight grip, a loser.