Chapter 20 - would be lovely

'I wasn't the girl every guy noticed, I was the girl he noticed and to me it was my destiny calling'
__________________

*Make sure to read the note in the end

Manzar's POV

Evening found me standing in front of Rudra's house, ringing the doorbell.

If anything I was definitely nervous, there was this ball inside my throat and an urgent urge in me to pee.

A bad habit of mine whenever am anxious.

"You look like you need water."
Aditya joked carrying the baby in his arms

Not to drink but to excrete. Ofcourse.

Seher smiled looking at me and said, "Alcohol perhaps"

"That would be lovely"
I said widening my eyes

They both snickered.

The door opened and we met the leader of the house, Rudra's mom, she smiled big looking at everyone and then her rested on me.
Maybe I saw her eyes lit even up.

We all greeted her and Seher, looking at me waited for me to greet my supposedly mother in law respectfully.
I touched her feet when she stopped me in between and hugged me. She smelled nice.
"No need for the formality, I like you already."

I showed her my teeth coyly.

"Come on, come on, let's go inside and give me the baby"
She stepped in front of Aditya to have the baby in her arms, beaming.

"Oh, and your parents are inside."

We all walked in.

The moment I saw my parents I smiled a little shy and walked upto Dad to get a hug, even though I was suspicious of their early arrival.
I had an idea they were here to investigate or more like interrogate.

Dad and Mom were sitting in the living room sofa of Rudra's house or I should say mansion.
They live in a freaking bungalow and that too government allotted.

Dad smiled up at me and stood up hugging me, mom too stand up and patted my back, for some reason.
Don't take me wrong I love my parents but I was suspicious of their actions lately. I was scared to have this evening ruined somehow.

With my little daughter and family greeting, I turned to greet Rudra's fathers, Colonel Sinha.
"Hello sir"

"Hello bacche. How are you?"

"I am good, sir"

"This is the first time you are meeting me, right?"

I nodded.

Then he looked at Dad and Aditya, a silent understanding followed between them which was beyond my senses.
I turned to mom and found her nodding to herself, I raised my eyebrows when she met my eyes, she just smiled and whispered,
"They are all posh and polished."

I almost snorted. "they are."
I nodded whispering

Looking back I saw Seher, Rudra's mom and Ruhani talking and setting table for dinner. "I should go help them."

"Go" mom patted my back
.

.

"Manzar, do you mind getting Rudra. He is in his room."
Rudra's Mom asked me politely while setting the last of the cutlery on the table

"Ofcourse she don't."
Ruhani and Seher said out aloud together.
His mom smiled nevertheless,
"Upstairs the second door close to the balcony."