Chapter One

𝕲𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖎𝖗𝖑 𝕹𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝕯𝖔𝖔𝖗

•Chapter One•

Every day, I started my life with a simple bath and a small breakfast — but I haven't been able to buy food because the money that I earned at a small café here in my town is not enough.

My pitiful life only consists of school and work. Quite frankly, it was tiring, but who am I to complain when I was literally born like a curse.

When I was a kid, I lived in an orphanage but due to poor sustenance and money we were sent out to different foster homes, but most of my foster parents kicked me out of the house when they got tired of me.

It took me months to live on my own, and I was lucky enough to even get myself a job. Though I know how much people loathed me at work, but I don’t mind knowing I have to focus and never let my thoughts get the best of me.

Anyways, I am now changing into my old hoodie that I paired with my usual ripped jeans and sneakers.

I’m now heading to school, so I prepared my clothes early because I have to walk because I don’t want to face people early in the morning — not that I was chickening out, but because it would certainly ruin their day and I don’t want to get an early beating.

*

As I was heading to school, I accidentally faced with the school’s so called ‘queen’ Vanessa — she’s one of my tormentors by the way.

She rolled her eyes, but her evil smirk was still plastered on her face. I wanted to run, but my body betrayed me and was stuck there — my eyes challenging her eyes and then that’s when I knew how bad that move was when she stepped closer to me and pulled my hair upwards.

I whimpered — tears beginning to fall on my cheeks. She laughed at me and looked at my back, signaling her friends to help her. My eyes widened when they walked towards us and pulled my hair tighter that it almost felt like my hair was out of my skull.

They laughed at my state and Vanessa pulled her hand to slap me — hard. My cheeks felt numbed, but I remained my composure — not wanting them to hurt me more.

“Look who’s brave today. Now Erika, please don’t be like that. I don’t want you to get hurt more. But anyways, you’re lucky I’m giving you the chance to live again. So if we see you again, then just say goodbye to your fucking pitiful life.” She hissed, looking at me like she wanted to kill me right on the spot.

They pushed me out of their way and I stumbled, but that’s fine, at least I haven’t received any beatings yet.
I ran quickly because I don’t to see Vanessa again but since I ran too quickly I bumped into someone, and before I could even apologize I was yanked up and pushed into the lockers.

My eyes widened like a saucer when I saw that it was Ace — a very rich student here in my school and also my worst nightmare.

He stared at me for a few seconds but then slammed me more into the lockers at the back. I probably looked like I have seen a ghost when he pulled me into one of the rooms here in school — perhaps it’s the stockroom.

“Long time no see, Erika” He smiled like a Cheshire cat and clapped his hands. I stepped backwards praying to God to help me out here and stop Ace from doing what he wanted, but I guess nobody listened nor liked me since Ace kicked me.

I know you guys are confused why he hurt me even I am a woman well for Ace he didn’t think I was a woman or rather human, so he bullied me everyday even when we were kids that’s why I was quite scared of Ace.

They continued to kicked and punched me and I can’t help but to close my eyes. Ace wasn’t satisfied still, so he forced me to open my eyes and looked at them — I followed his words, not thinking about the dark spots circling my mind.

I want to faint so badly so that they’ll leave me alone for a bit, and I’ll find peace, but I also want to not let them stop and kill me on here so that my pain will stop.

*

I didn’t know how long I fainted but when I went to my class I was pretty late, but it’s not like the teachers would care about me.

And I was walking bow — legged because of the incident, and it hurts so bad, yet I have to stay strong in order for me to learn in school and leave this hellhole.

Thankfully, the bell rang, and I almost sprinted to the door but unfortunately my leg hurts, so I can’t. I slowly walked outside the room and crossed path to a very ugly, no I mean very mad or angry faced Vanessa.

Oh, lord, let me rest even for just a minute or hour or eternity.
I ran away faster than Flash can and went into one cubicle of the women’s toilet. I let my emotions show and cried so hard, not bothering about the girls entering.

But what shocked me the most was when someone knocked, and I wiped my tears slowly.

“It’s used" I croaked out silently, but the knocking continued, so I was starting to feel afraid, but I still opened the door and was shocked when I saw Ace’s twin sister.

Is she going to hurt me too? Why is she here? Did Vanessa tell her to come here? Or did Ace?

I blinked when she smiled and offered her hands at me.

“Hi. I am Aspen. I heard you crying a while ago, so I want to check up if you are fine” She told me with a friendly smile, but I can’t identify it if it is genuine or not since I, myself, didn’t experience what it’s like, so I can’t judge.

“Yes I am fine” I replied silently not wanting her to be mad at me.

“S…sure. Uh maybe I can help you” With that words I started to feel suspicious. Maybe my thoughts were right.

“Help me? W…what do you mean by that?” I asked and she smiled again.

“I want to be your friend” She responded cheerfully, and I winced at her hyper energy.

“You want to be my f…friend?” I asked again. But she only hummed when her phone vibrated.

She looked at me sadly and bid me goodbye then walked away.
I sighed and closed my eyes. I’m tired.

▪︎

Hey everyone!
How are you doing? How’s your holidays?
So this chapter is rewritten but it’s still not proofread so please beware.

And before 2020 ended, I want to say that I made a patreon and if you are interested please just go and search my name ‘A. E. Winchester’.

It is voluntary though but you guys can get many perks there and have access to one of the newly rewritten version of my stories there. Mostly I’ll still rewrite The Girl Next Door in Wattpad since it is basically my first platform as an author.

Anyways, I love you so much and hope you guys have a great and meaningful holiday!🎄🎅

A.E. Winchester🥂🥂