Chapter Six

Hello before I start today's chapter I wanna give a very big shout out to OutOfMyLimit17 for writing such lovely novels and I am not sugarcoating it. So feel free to check her works out, you are not going to regret it. Thanks.

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖎𝖗𝖑 𝕹𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝕯𝖔𝖔𝖗

•Chapter Six•

People may find it really bad or sad that I gave my studies up for nothing then I don’t know what to say since I myself didn’t know why I did that. I also didn’t purposely do it but anyways I am now heading for work since my shift starts in a few minutes. Thankfully, Teddy was not a hot headed boss and he more likely took good care of me in the café. He is really kind and I am very thankful for that.

“Hello, Teddy” I greeted him when I saw him serving and helping the waiters at the café. Since we were packed today.

“Oh hello there too, Erika. Did you come here safely?” He replied while asking me – he usually does that to ensure our safety since we are basically his responsibility – his words not mine.

“Yes I did. Thank you for asking”

“Well then, why don’t change for you to start early? I’ll give you a raise” His answer took me by surprise but I didn’t mind having a raise.

“Okay thank you again” I smiled at him and went to the back to change into my work clothes.

Teddy is now on his late thirties and he got this café when his parents gave it to him. He was very handsome for his age. He got a bulky yet muscular body – tanned skin, dark brown eyes, and black tousled hair. He also wears glasses and with that look he was very handsome. His wife too was very beautiful and kind.

And Teddy is not his real name – it is Theodore. I know people liked to call a person whose name is Theodore ‘Theo’ but in Teddy’s case he didn’t want to be called that way so we just stick to Teddy. It suit him really well too since he was a big, muscled man that will literally make you piss on your pants but if you really talk to him and befriended him then he was a big papa bear.

After I finished changing into my work clothes, I went to the registration and helped checking the orders out. Mostly people bought a cake and a smoothie then take it out but today we were so full because it’s weekend and full café means tips – ha-ha.

“Hello I’d like to get a 1 strawberry smoothie with cream please and also add a black coffee – no sugar, no cream. Thank you” A costumer ordered while I just nodded and proceeded into getting him his order.

I took out a big cup for the smoothie and add some strawberry into the blender and operated it after that I put it in the cup quickly yet graciously. Then I made the coffee since it was so easy to make. I asked the man the names and he answered me giving me the names and I was shocked when I heard ‘Ace and Aspen’s names. Shaking my head, I wrote their names and handed the drinks to the man smiling. He gave me the money and I gave him the change but he shook his head and told me that it was my tip.

Who will gave someone as big as $50 as a tip? Only rich people I guess.

Then my life became like that the whole day – me taking orders, checking them and handing them the change and have a tip for the service and I can’t be more happier to serve ‘em.

My body was so sore when I came home but when I arrived Marri’s angry face was in front of me.

“Where is the money?” She asked me her hands at her chest.

“I…in my bag... wait a minute” I quickly searched for my tips in my bag and handed it to her. She smiled at me and went away.

Rents and bills – already paid. I am going to write that later.  Paid already so I checked it on my notes.

*

I asked my driver to buy me coffee and Aspen a smoothie at the café where Erika worked specifically and I hoped that she’ll be the one who’ll be checking or making my order out.

I watched patiently at the backseat of the car constantly looking inside. Thankfully, my driver came with my order in a handy paper bag.

“Here you go, Ace”

“Thank you, Dust” I accepted it taking a sip of my coffee and almost moaned at the taste of it.

It tasted better than the one that I ordered last few days ago.

“Who made this, Dust?” I asked him looking at my coffee.

“I forgot it’s name sir but I remembered seeing an ‘E’ on it.” E? You mean Erika?

“By any means is it Erika?”

“Ah yes sir” I nodded and looked at my coffee again. Looks like little freak knows how to make coffee after all.

▪︎

Hey everybody how are you? I truly hope that is well. So my question for today is what do you think of today’s chapter? Is it better? Or not?

Feel free to comment and vote to support this book since I entered it on a contest named ‘Watt-a Decade’ to commemorate the tenth year anniversary of the Wattpad Ambassadors I think. It is much more appreciated. Thank you in advance.

A. E. Winchester🥂