Chapter Twelve

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖎𝖗𝖑 𝕹𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝕯𝖔𝖔𝖗

•Chapter Twelve•

After that incident at the grocery store, Colton and I ended up seeing each other almost every day. Especially at the library where I usually spend my time reading of course. I always thought it was a coincidence but today he is not here.

I probably sound like I was clingy and missed him so bad but no you are wrong. Colton is the epitome of a gentleman. And he really treats me well and act as if I wasn't any garbage in the society. I am really flattered when he always greet me every time we see each other. And to think of it, no one has ever greete so kindly before.

"Erika?" I turned around and saw Aspen carrying five big books.

"A...aspen? Hi" I greeted and waved to her trying to be friendly.

She grinned at me even though she had trouble balancing her bag and the books she carried, "Oh my goodness. It is so nice to see you here. I have never expected this. I am so happy."

"Aspen, what is the use of all these? These are very heavy for goodness' sake. I mean, do you really need to read all these?" A familiar voice said and I immediately looked at Aspen's back and saw Colton's face - whose glaring at her unknowingly.

"Colton?" I asked - confusion plastered on my face. He looked at me and his eyes widened.

"Erika? Oh hi! How are you?" I got tongue-tied and I don't trust myself to respond at his cheerful approach so I only nodded and smiled shyly at him even though it would seem rude to him.

"You two know each other?" Aspen questioned Colton while pointing at us.
Colton nodded and smiled at me that made me blushed.

"Yes, Erika and I met each other at the shops when you asked me to buy some crisps."

"Oh really? Great, now Erika have two friends now" Aspen jumped not caring about the books she carried.

My head turned to her as fast as Flash from the movie when I heard the word 'friends'. I couldn't stop my self from tearing down the moment I heard the word I have been longing for.

Colton noticed that my eyes were crying or maybe I was crying and so he hugged me while hushing me down. He gently make circles at my back that made me calm. But it is not the action instead it was also his warmth and manly fragrance that made me feel at home, safe and calm.

Fortunately, they never said anything like they both understood me and respected me.

And that action alone made me realize that life couldn't be that bad.

▪︎

Hello there!👋

It is so great to hear and see that you are reading this.

I sincerely apologize for not updating sooner. My crazy self had believed that I published this last month when I finished writing this chapter but sadly no. So I, myself, wanted to apologize for the delay.

This is my first time visiting Wattpad for a long time. Because I was bitten by my cat and I need to get injected of anti-rabies vaccine so I need to go back and forth to the doctor to attend to my appointment. To be honest, it was a complete tragic experience but somehow it was fun.

I would obviously consider this chapter as a filler but I totally racked up my mind just to change a few plots so I would say I literally did my best. Hope you my beautiful people love this chapter.

A. E. Winchester🥂