Chapter Thirteen

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖎𝖗𝖑 𝕹𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝕯𝖔𝖔𝖗

•Chapter Thirteen•

Ace's POV

I was surprised when Colton arrived from England. He is my cousin - from my father's side. I have never seen him for years that is why when he arrived last weeks ago I was shocked but happy at the same time.

He and Aspen spent their time going outside or at the library - to be honest I was jealous because Aspen can't even talk to me for hours but I have nothing against them since the two of them are already what people called 'two peas in a pod'. They are very close even when we are younger.

"Hey Ace" Colton greeted at me carrying books that I guess Aspen told him to carry. That was so heavy, I pitied him actually because before Aspen threatened me playfully and let me carry 7 big books - to say that was so heavy and scary were an understatement because that experience was the death of me.

"Hey. Did Aspen let you carry all those books?" I asked wiggling my brows at him playfully.

He laughed, "Unfortunately, yes. This books are so heavy. Is she going to use all of these?"

I nodded and offered to help him carry to Aspen's huge room.

"Thanks. But really? Why would she even go to the library when you guys already have an enormous library."

"No idea actually but hey at least you could have an exercise. And here I thought that the library only let people borrow five books at a time. Five." I laughed at myself and Colton sighed after putting the books on its respective table inside Aspen's room.

"We took two cards."

"Oh okay. But yeah I have to go. Got to attend some party soon"

"Yeah that is fine. I'll just tell Aspen that."

"Oh by the way where is Aspen?"

"With Erika" He shrugged and closed the Aspen's door silently - typical Colton.

I stopped at my tracks and looked at him like he had grown three heads.

"Erika?"

"Yes. They are in the library talking and she ordered me to go there when I finished putting the books. Why?"

"You knew Erika?" I asked at him putting my hands in my jean pockets.

"Yes. We met few weeks when Aspen told me to buy some crisps before. We bumped into each other and then we met again occasionally. It was exciting to see her at the library again" When Colton mentioned Erika there was this happy glint in his eyes that made me want to let it disappear because it didn't appear right in my guts.

What the hell is wrong with me?

I didn't answer instead I just nodded and walked away.

Pissed, I clenched my jaw at the idea of Erika and Colton. I really don't know what was wrong with me. Maybe because I didn't get enough sleep last night. Yeah maybe that is the reason.

Yeah maybe.

I texted Aspen asking her where she is.

To Aspen:

Where are you? Why is Colton here? I thought you guys went to the library together

I waited and got a reply almost instantly.

From Aspen:

I am here at the café near the library.

I frowned and texted.

To Aspen:
What r u doin there?

I waited but I didn't got a reply so I walked to my bike and headed there.

But I didn't sat near them instead I sat far away from them. Colton entered the café not long ago and he sat beside Erika. I felt something stirred inside me and I glared at Colton.

I ordered some black coffee and I watched them closely. Looking for any signs, if Colton touch Erika even her hair and I would shoot up from my chair and give him a piece of mind to not touch my woman.

What the hell is that?

I sighed and just continued drinking my coffee.

Erika's POV

After the incident at the library, Aspen and Colton took me at the nearest café to help me feel calm. I was glad I have them. But happiness was cut short when someone took hold of my wrist - bad memories started fogging my brain but I remained and stopped the urge to run away.

"Stay from him Erika" It was Ace and I was confused as to who he was referring.

He must've sensed my confusion because he continued, "Stay away from Colton"

I didn't answer and just looked at him scared. He let go of my wrist and walked away. As I was left astounded from his warning.

▪︎

Hello everyone!👋

I am so happy to have you here with me. And it is so great to hear and see that you are reading this chapter.

I don't know what to say about this chapter really but hope you guys enjoy it.

Stay tuned for more updates! And don't forget to vote, comment, and share because it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for supporting this book!❤

A. E. Winchester🥂