Chapter Twenty

⚠️ WARNING: Mention of suicide, suicidal attempt. You can always skip this part if you want. I'll be posting Ace's POV in the next chap so that you can skip it if you don't want to read this chapter. Please do take good care of yourself.

Mental Health is a serious topic and I just want to let anyone know that I'm always open if you need someone to talk to.

A short chapter for now:) As always you can skip this part. I'll be making Ace's POV something where you can read without reading the other chapter if you got the gist.

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖎𝖗𝖑 𝕹𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝕯𝖔𝖔𝖗

• Chapter Twenty •

Erika's POV

Everything was suffocating. Every pain I've experienced before were nothing with what I'm feeling today. Yes, Colton made a very nice surprise but then Ace also showed up which surprised me. It was one heck of a ride that time. I ran and ran and only stopped at a place where they could not see me. I don't want them to fight just because of me. I want them to have a connection like what cousins have just like how close they were before I came.

I don't want to cause trouble to people. I'm already a burden to them, I don't want to burden both Ace and Colton.

All I have wanted is to live a peaceful life without bullying or anything with pain. But that is impossible considering how life or fate turned my destiny. I guess this is now my destiny.

If I die tonight, will people remember me? I don't think so.

Will they mourn my death? Absolutely not.

I sighed and stood up. Looking at the dark sky that is visible from the roof of the abandoned building, I cried. I cried because I realized how many times I've lied to myself. I cried because I realized how pathetic my life is or maybe how pathetic I was.

All I wanted was to vent my anger to the world for bringing me into this shithole. But I can't, I have no right to do so because I knew that I am nothing. I have no future waiting for me, no family. Nothing.

I wiped my tears and shook my head, contemplating if I should just jump directly from the building or cut my wrist. However, I still can't decide because I feel like something is stopping me.

I shouted for being a coward and stupid. I blamed everything, every person because they didn't care when I was hurt. When I was in pain, and when I was in need.

Deciding that I should jump from the building, I climbed at the railing while crying.

I was ready to jump when Ace barged in and rushed to me.

"Erika, what are you doing?"

"LEAVE ME ALONE"

"No, I can't babe. You'll jump when I do that. I don't want to lose you"

"I don't care, Ace. Okay?"

"But I care, Erika" He said while looking at me softly. I hated that. I don't want that.

"And I don't. So leave me alone"

"Erika, please don't do this"

"You know what? I don't care if this is something planned, or if someone filmed this but tell this to everyone, tell them to fuck themselves because you all hurt me. To hell with all of you"

"Baby, please don't do this. I haven't apologize to you properly. I still have lot of plans to make you happy and forgive me." Ace cried while saying that and it broke my heart.

"Please Erika, don't. I don't want to lose you"

"Tell me what you feel about me" I looked at him and he gulped.

Still holding my hands he answered, "I like you, no, I mean I love you. Ever since I saw you, I can't stop looking at you. But you were shy and all I wanted was for you to look at me and talk to me but you never did. I resorted to bullying you and it hurt me emotionally. I'm sorry Erika. I'm so sorry."

I stared at him, being confuse as to why my heart beated so fast when he cried. It was probably because I took pity at him but I don't want to see him cry. I don't want to hurt him.

I cried at him but he pulled me back so I won't fall. I cried at his chest making his shirt wet with my tears. I feel asleep after that.