Chapter Ten

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖎𝖗𝖑 𝕹𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝕯𝖔𝖔𝖗

•Chapter Ten•

That day, I went home with my mind in faze because I can’t get over the fact that Aspen asked me to hang out with her and be the freak I was I didn’t answer instead I just looked at her wide eyes – now I lost my opportunity to have a friend.

I sighed frustrated at myself for being stupid then again I can’t blame me because I am dumb already.

Every single day, I always dreamt of having a friend who I’ll be talking to and hanging out but me being me is just a total awkward person – probably the reason why I don’t have a friend.

But as I was walking to the grocery shop when I bumped into someone, I was about to say sorry when someone beat me to it and realized that it was Ace.

I paled like seeing a ghost knowing that something will happen and I can’t risk it for happening or else I’ll have to worry two things – Ace stealing all the money that I’ll use for buying groceries and him killing me at daylight.

“Hi, Erika” He said enthusiastically but it is somewhat cold and deadly that would send me to the ground. I looked at him and I could feel my eyes tearing up so I blink so fast to make them disappear and stop them from falling down.

“Aren’t you going to talk?” He questioned me clearly irritated.

I still didn’t answer him and looked down then he groaned frustrated.

“Oh yeah I completely forgot that I am talking to freak like you. What am I doing here anyways? I can’t just waste my time for someone like you right?” he laughed and walked away leaving me scared.

I ran so I couldn’t get much words for today yet I was wrong when I tackled some products at the shop the moment I entered the place.

“Hey, what do you think are you doing huh?” The manager walked to me and I stood there numb not knowing what to do.

“You should pay for that you know” I widened my eyes.

Pay? How much would it cost? How will I buy food today?

“Pay?” I whispered not believing what I just heard.

“Yes. You need to pay $100 for knocking this products out and some of it are broken so you need to pay for it.”

100 dollars? I only have $25.06 with me, how will I pay for it?

“Hey are you paying it or not?” I didn’t answer and looked down watching my worn out shoes interesting.

“Pay it or I’ll call the police” I pulled out my reverie and looked at him scared. I was about to say something when someone said something.

“I’ll pay for it” The stranger said calmly taking his wallet out.

“You know this woman?”

“Yes and why does it matter?” He replied giving the money to the man.

“Y…you don’t have to do that b…but thank you”

“You need to buy some food?” I nodded shyly at him.

“Well come on. And by the way I am Colton Smith. Pleasure to meet you” He introduced in an accent preferably British.

“I’m Erika. Nice to meet you too” I replied without stuttering that made me surprised.

We walked to a few aisles and I bought only eggs, milk, 2 apples and a granola bar which made Colton frown.

“You sure you’ll only buy that?” I nodded and headed to the counter to check my groceries.

“It’ll be $24.11” I gave her the money and she nodded at me.

After a few seconds of checking the groceries I was ready to go out with Colton by my side.

“Why do you need to buy that few items?”

“I still have a few food in the house, don’t worry.” I said looking at him in gratitude.

“Thank you for today. I wish I can repay you in the future”

“Don’t sweat it”

“Bye. See you soon” I bid goodbye to him and I walked away seeing him enter a Ferrari.

Rich people perks.

▪︎

How's everyone doing? Hope it's fine.

So today's chapter will be Erika's POV only.

So what do you think about Colton? The other version of this chapter doesn't have Colton in it. He's a new character so I have not decided who's going to be the actor who'll picture him.

But I'll be stepping away from writing for a few days because of busy schedule, I'll still be here unfortunately I have to think about the next plot. Hopefully you'll understand.

Voting and commenting literally helps this book so much. It is much appreciated. ❣❣

A. E. Winchester🥂