Chapter Sixteen

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖎𝖗𝖑 𝕹𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝕯𝖔𝖔𝖗

•Chapter Sixteen•

The next day, I woke up with a soft knock on my door. I was hoping that Marri would give me good news but was shocked when I saw Ace at my apartment door – standing there like he we were best friends for years, casual and smiling – two things came to my mind, first Ace would prank me and second when did he knew about my apartment building I mean last time I checked I did not tell anyone.

“Hey, Erika” He greeted with a smile or what I think is a smile. I know you guys would probably scold me for not answering his friendly approach but please do think the things that he did to me.

Ace noticed that I wasn’t going to answer him so he just nodded and continued awkwardly.

“Uh I know sorry cannot pay the things that I did but I do want to apologize to you for being stupid, and coward. It was never my intention to really hurt you physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. It’s just I don’t want them to not notice you”

“Ace, I am not sure of what your intentions are in the first place. You have let me experience pain deep inside, you have let them hurt me and now you’re saying you don’t want them to not notice me? Ace what kind of excuse is that?”

He sighed, “Can I come in please? Before I explain it to you?”

And that was then I realized that I never did invite him inside.

“Sure, I am sorry”

***

“Erika, I know you would not believe me for this but when we first met I was awestruck at you and never got the chance to really talk to you – because you always avoid people like me and when I got the chance to I just ruined it and bullied in front of everyone. I keep denying to myself that I like you and I still do. I am a coward for not admitting these feelings to you but I am glad Aspen had told me to act like real man.”

I did not reply to him because the Ace I once knew was gone and replaced by a sincere man – I am really hesitant into believing him but his eyes just showed how genuine and sincere he is.

“You are not pranking me right?”

“No ba…Erika I will not prank you anymore nor let anyone hurt you”

***

Ace’s POV

After the confession, we talked a lot and that then I realized that Erika is really care-free and funny but we did not see it at school because we constantly bully her for being herself and different.

I am happy Aspen knock some senses into me and told me the basis of my feelings when I came home yesterday. It was no joke – everything I said is true and genuine.

If Erika did not sing yesterday I would have stayed a coward – glad she sung though because I was given the chance to listen to her angelic voice and was able to confess my feelings towards her.

“So how did it go?” And here comes my nosy sister.

“It was good – really good” Trying to disclose the talk because I really want to rest and think about Erika.

“Just good? Ace, come on tell me”

“Stop being whiny and nosy, okay? I am tired and I need to go the bed”

“You did not hurt her right?”

I smiled at her and decided that I will talk to her about what happened because in the end she’ll pester again and again and again.

“Now that’s nice” She grinned at me and I rolled my eyes at her.

▪︎

I am not sure if you guys will read this but I am glad you give this chapter a chance despite of me being absent for so long. I have new chapters that I will upload next time because I am still trying to think if I should revise it or not. Though I am so excited because the chapters are going to be thrilling…in my opinion lol.

Hear from you guys soon!

Love,

A. E. Winchester🥂