TEN

Gigi walked through the halls of Auradon Prep

Gigi walked through the halls of Auradon Prep. The former king had called her to his office. She had no idea what her ultimatum would be, but she knew she wasn't in the wrong here. Aurora was and she was here to prove that.

But she still felt the sinking feeling that King Beast would side with Aurora. Maybe Aurora had told the story differently and had made it sound like Gigi was to blame for everything. Or maybe Ben briefed her first and she wouldn't have to explain herself to King Beast. Either way Gigi was extremely nervous to enter the office.

When she reached the door, Jane walked out and looked at her for a moment a smile on her face.

"You know." Jane said. "Aurora is really mad. Just warning you before you go in."

"Thanks." Gigi said. Jane patted her on the shoulder, smiling a small smile before heading off and going back to where she had been planning for Cotillion.

Gigi took a deep breath, her hand hovered over the doorknob contemplating whether or not she wanted to open the door or if it was too late to walk away. She figured it was too late and opened the door.

Aurora looked up from where she had her head in her hands. She glared at Gigi as Gigi made her way and sat in front of King Beast's desk.

"You wanted to see me?" Gigi asked.

"Thanks for coming." Beast said.

"No problem." Gigi's said, twirling her hair on her finger.

"There's nothing for you to be worried about Gigi." Belle said. "Ben has informed me of everything and so did Mal."

She nodded toward the purple haired girl. Mal waved at her and smiled as Gigi smiled back.

"There's nothing for you to be worried about." Fairy Godmother said appearing from through the office doors.

Gigi didn't feel comfortable being in the same room with so many of Auradon's heroes, it made her feel insecure about what she was considered. She didn't know who she was and everyone knew that her none of the heroes wanted to fess up and claim her as their own.

Belle sent her a small smile as Beast continued his explanation.

"I was sad to hear the news of what Aurora said." King Beast said. "Right after I returned from my vacation, I was informed of this atrocity, I could not believe it to be the same Aurora that I knew so long ago, who helped unite the kingdoms together. This isn't the Aurora I know. But I suppose time changes people. Things leave people paranoid about little things and pointing fingers at children who have proved they are worthy to live in Auradon."

Gigi liked how he so subtly insulted Aurora without actually saying her name. She felt proud that he felt so trusting in the villain kids no matter how much they had caused in the past. It was different now, the five VKs had proved their worth to stay in Auradon by denouncing evil and King Beast and Queen Belle were their biggest supporters after Ben himself.

"Aurora had no authority to say the things she said to you." Fairy Godmother said, clasping her hands together. "Nobody can say those things to you. That isn't right. This is not what Auradon stands for. We are the land where 'Good doesn't get much better.'  We do not tolerate any form of putting someone down. For that we will be relaxing you Aurora in the coming year."

"You can't be serious." Aurora said. "My family the biggest supporter of your agenda. My family that had stood by you when nobody else would. You are just going to let me go?"

"Actually." King Beast said. "You never supported anything we did. You were so hung up on losing the election of the ruler of Auradon. Snow White, Merida, Elsa and Anna, Jasmine, Ariel...all of them have supported all of my decisions. Even if they were reluctant to back Ben's decision, they knew it was a change Auradon needed. Bringing the five VKs here was just the beginning. We are going to bring more when we get the time and support."

"Five villain kids was already too much." Aurora said. "They have no right to be here. They have villainy running through their veins. They can't change that."

"No." King Beast said, calmly as Aurora's rage grew stronger. "The children are innocent. They've committed no crimes. They just need our guidance."

"We forgot about them all those years." Belle said. "They deserve to be here just as much as we do."

"They can't be trusted." Aurora said. "They have villainy running through their veins, who said they'll stop? Mal still uses her spell book, and they still dress like their from there. Who says they aren't plotting something right now?"

Gigi and Mal looked down, not liking how she was so adamant on hating them.

"Now Aurora." King Beast said, the anger imminent in his tone. "I am tired of repeating myself over and over. These children have every right to be here. You have no right to denounce them when they saved you from your enemy, when they saved us all. Now if you would exit my office and take your leave letter-."

"You know what?" Aurora said, getting up. "I'm tired of being treated like a child. I'm leaving, you won't be seeing my daughter until the coming year."

"You'd hurt your daughter's education just to prove your point?" Fairy Godmother asked.

"That's so low Aurora." Mal said with a grin as Aurora's eyes flashed with anger. "Well toodles Aurora. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Or you know what? Let it."

Aurora's hands balled in fists as she headed out the door, leaving the office and the campus where her carriage was waiting for her.

When she'd left, the room remained quiet for a moment as they tried to comprehend what had just happened.

"Well girls." Fairy Godmother said. "You don't have to go to classes for the rest of the day. In fact I'll end it for all the students. We need to find a replacement for Aurora."

"Bye Fairy Godmother." Mal and Gigi said as they headed out the door.

When they'd gotten far enough they burst out laughing. Mal put her fist out, and Gigi bumped hers with it.

"We are rotten to the core." Mal and Gigi said at the same time.

Gigi draped an arm over Mal's shoulder as they laughed and exchanged sorrows of what had happened since Gigi had ran from their class.