TWENTY ONE

Gigi didn't know how long she had been dragged, or how far they were from Mother Gothel's Tower, but she was still finding it hard to believe she was actually heading there

She was in denial for reasons she didn't know.

She was afraid to see Mother Gothel. In fact being scared put it rather lightly. She was completely terrified. She couldn't imagine what horrible things she had in store for her.

She had been locked in a tower all her life after all. She hadn't been allowed to leave it. She only left to go to school and her last class of the day was with Mother Gothel, do she'd drag amber back home and lock her in the room.

It gave Gigi time to think. Time to recollect what had gone through the day. Why Mother Gothel seems to hate her so much, when she loved Ginny. Her real daughter.

Gigi hadn't been her daughter, what was the point of treating her right? She didn't deserve the attention, she didn't deserve her time.

Gigi had always been excited when she did something that did catch her 'mother's' attention. 

Like how she was one of the superlatives of the grade, alongside the children of the "most feared" villains in the Isle. Mal, daughter of Maleficent, Evie daughter of the Evil Queen, Jay son of Jafar and Carlos Son of Cruella.

She had also been elated to hear the Gigi had joined their gang. Something about her learning more evil from them. Something she couldn't teach her.

Gigi had tried to get her attention even more, doing things she'd never done before. Like stealing, lying, cheating.

She had been proud of Gigi then, even going as far as framing a picture of her with her newfound items.

But still Gigi hadn't been allowed out of her room, locked away in a tower like Mother Gothel had to Rapunzel.

Gigi didn't think it was creative offer to repeat the same thing she had done when it had failed her before.

And it had

When Uma had hosted a party two years before, Mother Gothel had told Gigi she couldn't be seen at the party.

Not with those pirates.

Gigi had been snuck out of her tower by Gil, who had seen how much she had wanted to go to the party. They'd even shared a dance.

But Gigi was brought back into reality when Ginny saw her and dragged her back home.

Mother Gothel had been proud that she'd let the villain in her out, but she had been angry that she had disobeyed her. It hadn't helped when Ginny had told her she'd danced with Gil.

Falling in love was weak. Falling in love made you do crazy things that led you to disobey your mother.

But Gigi didn't love Gil, or at least she didn't think she did. She didn't know what love felt like, but she'd always hoped she'd find a prince and live in a big castle.

But a part of her thought was wrong and that she was toying with his feeling s when she led him on. She didn't like seeing his smile fall when she didn't say hello back, when she didn't acknowledge his presence.

It had hurt her, but she'd ignored him for two long years. And just when she had gotten the courage to speak to him again, just when she thought she could finally tell him how she felt...She'd been whisked away to Auradon Prep.

Then she had forgotten about him momentarily, focused on the group's plan to take the wand. She'd never been sold on it, only participating because she had to. Mother Gothel would have hunted her down if she didn't.

Then they'd chosen good over evil, Maleficent had come and crashed the party. She'd dropped the bombshell that Gigi wasn't Mother Gothel's daughter. Then they'd defeated her with the power of good and she was now a measly little lizard and she'd stayed that way, not giving them a sign that she would change anytime soon.

Did she fail to mention that Gil was the one who had been assigned to take her to Gothel's tower? Maybe that was why she was remembering these things. Because he was right here. They were probably lost, it shouldn't have taken this long. Gothel's tower was only a few minutes from the Shoppe. It felt like ages.

"Hey Gil?" Gigi managed to croak out, finally finding her voice.

"Yeah?" Gil said, carrying her with ease.

"Where are we going?" Gigi asked.

"To Mother Gothel's tower." Gil said, with a shrug. "Where did you think we were going?"

"I don't know." Gigi said. "It just seems to be taking too long."

"We're here." Gil said, stopping in front of the tower, where two burly men stood.

Gil hesitantly handed Gigi over to them, watching her  disappear into the tower.

✫✳︎✳︎✫↤

EUGENIO sat in his room, wallowing in self-pity when he heard a knock on the door. Hesitantly he walked over and opened it, tilting his head to the side and frowning at the visitor, who he had finally decided to call after his chat with his mother.

"Hi-." Gino began, but was interrupted by the girl.

"You're so dead Gino." Crystal White said, as she paced the room

"I know." Gino said, burying his head in his hands.

"I mean sure it was our faults too." Crystal said. "How can we lose a person?"

"I know." Gino sighed.

"Did you know CJ, Zevon and Freddie are missing too?" Crystal asked. "I think they're the ones who convinced Gigi. I knew they couldn't be trusted."

"Crystal let's not jump to conclusions-." Gino said, as Crystal shook her head vigorously.

"We had one job Eugenio Lucian Fitzherbert." Crystal said as Gino cringed at the use of his full name.

"I know Crystal Scarlet White." Gino said. "We messed up. What are we supposed to do."

"When your mom comes." Crystal said. "She's going to try to avoid going to the Isle at all costs, you know because if Gigi knew she was her mom. The curse would activate."

"Okay?" 

"So we have to convince her to go to the Isle anyway." Crystal said. "Gigi's life is in danger. We have to save her even if there are consequences. We can figure that out later."

Gino pondered her words.

Could they save Gigi without revealing anything or would them going end in them never seeing her again?