FOURTEEN

Gigi walked into the Curl up n' Dye, where Dizzy hummed along to what played on the radio while Sam stared out the window

"Hey Dizzy!" Gigi said.

Dizzy spun around, looking at her as she squealed, giving Gigi a hug, burying her face in her shoulder.

"You came back." Dizzy said. "You really came back."

"I did." Gigi said, pulling Dizzy shoulder length. "I'm so glad to see you Dizzy."

"I'm glad to see you too." Dizzy said, pausing when she caught sight of the trio behind Gigi. "Hi to you guys too."

"Hi Dizzy." Freddie said, elbowing CJ and Zevon in the side.

"H-Hi Dizzy." CJ coughed out, glaring at Freddie.

"Hey Dizzy." Zevon said.

"Now that we're done with formalities." CJ said, trying to sound serious as she spoke. "Would you mind if we spent the night here? You know since my brother just tried to kill all of us so I assume I'm not welcome at home."

"You saw him?" Dizzy asked. "Because I assumed it was the reason Sam showed up here. She always comes here when they fight. Though she won't tell me what. She walked right past me and sat there, didn't even look at me. She's been staring out the window for hours now."

CJ shrugged walking toward Sam.

"CJ I wouldn't do that if I were you." Gigi said. "If she doesn't want to talk. She isn't going to."

"That's nonsense." CJ said. "Hey Sam." CJ waved her hand in front of Sam's face. "Sam. It's me. Your favorite Hook. You're partner in crime. Are you going to acknowledge my presence?"

"Hi CJ " Sam said,rolling her eyes. "I don't have favorites. But if I did it wouldn't be you."

"She answered." CJ said. "I wasn't expecting her to. I thought she'd just ignore me. So how's life? I'm hurt. Then who would it be not Harry obviously. Why are you and my dear old brother wanting to kill each other now?"

"It's not important." Sam said. "It'd be Harriet by the way. Why are you here Calista Jane."

"Okay." CJ said. "You're avoiding the question. And you like Harriet more than me. Understandable. I'd like Harriet more if I were you. She isn't as unbearable as me and Harry."

"I never said you were unbearable." Sam said. "Don't put words in my mouth Calista Jane."

"Thank you." CJ said. "I'm glad you don't think I'm unbearable. You're still avoiding the question. I assume you don't want to talk about it. I don't like being called Calista Jane and you know that. So whatever happened got you really angry."

"We're here." Gigi said, pulling CJ away from Sam and behind her. "Because of what I told you when I called you. About my mom and how I wanted to know who she was and if you knew. Why did Harry know what I told you?"

Sam scrunched her nose as she tilted her head to the side, her face still not in full view.

"I didn't tell him anything if that's what you're insinuating." Sam said, her voice still barely above a whisper. "I don't know how he knows what I told you, what you told me. He was really mad. I don't even know why."

Gigi shared a look with her friends, looking at Sam and then at Dizzy.

Sam stood walking to the back room as Dizzy had asked her to get more fabric to get her and CJ farther away from each other.

"So Dizzy we can stay here right?" Gigi asked, changing the subject and twirling a strand of her blonde hair on her finger.

Dizzy shook her head.

"I'm sorry guys. You can't stay here. My granny isn't found of visitors staying over anymore. She barely tolerates Sam being here."

"Lovely." CJ said. "So where can we go?"

"I don't know-." Dizzy stopped mid sentence as someone had entered the shop. Dizzy turned around coming face to face with Harry.

"Fork it over ye runt." Harry said, a wild look sparkling in his eyes as he grinned at the group that stood behind Dizzy.

His grin faded however when he didn't see Sam, which made Gigi assume why he was here in the first place.

Dizzy opened the register and gave him the money as he hummed in approval.

"Harry you're resorting to stealing from children." Freddie said. "A child Sm is quite fond of. Though I wonder why you would do such a thing."

"I don't appreciate the sarcasm Winifred." Harry said as Freddie winced.

"I don't go by that." Freddie said.

"I do wonder why you and CJ h as te your names so much." Harry said, a grin toying back onto his lips.

"What do you need Mr. Coat Hanger?" Zevon asked as Harry rolled his blue-gray eyes. "I'm getting tired of running into you."

"And I'm getting tired of seeing you." Harry said. "I never liked you.

"Do you still hate me for dating your girlfriend?" Zevon asked. "Because that was a few years ago. She got over it. Why can't you?"

"Because he's a jealous little boy." CJ said. "He hates all the guys Sam has dated because he's too possessive. He can't see her with anyone else but he can cheat her if he wants to."

"I feel insulted and attacked." Harry said, placing a hand over his heart. "I don't know what I did to you."

"You literally tried killing me five minutes ago." CJ said. "So I don't know Harry. What do I have against you?"

Harry raised his hooked hand in the air, or the hand that held his hook, swinging it at CJ. Sam set the box of fabric on the table, her hand wrapped around his wrist, stopping his hook inches away from CJ's face.

CJ backed away, looking at Harry like he'd lost his mind, which Gigi didn't doubt.

"Sam." Harry whined. "I swear I wasn't going to hurt her."

"Uh huh." Sam said. "Didn't look like it."