TWENTY

Uma, Quinn and Chelsea shared matching menacing looks causing Gigi and her friends to feel a little uneasy

Gigi's heart hammered in her chest. She didn't like how they taunted her, how they made her feel confused.

She didn't like how they made fun of her for not knowing who her mother was when they did. She wanted answers and she needed them now.

She was so close. All she needed was the courage to look at Mother Gothel in the face, ask her what she wanted and leave eoth her answers.

She'd made it this far. She'd left the sanctuary of Auradon and had ventured into territory that she could no longer call home. It had never been home. It had all been a lie.

Now she was on the Isle, yet something was holding her back from going back to Mother Gothel.

She was scared to.

But she didn't want to face Mother Gothel. Not after turning her back on evil. Not after being a disappointment to her. That's the way her "mother" would see it, but she was running out of options.

Scouring Auradon wasn't doing her any good. She wasn't learning anything from that. Her file that Ben had didn't have any other name other than mother Mother Gothel. So that had been a dead end.  No Auradon wanted to own up to it, no Auradonian had even reported a child missing, and that kind of hurt Gigi.

She wanted to meet her mother, she didn't need Mother Gothel to do anything else to her. She just wanted to be happy.

Something that other people
here didn't want her to be.

She was regretting leaving Auradon. She was regretting it.

Why had her friends let her do such a thing?

"You guys really should have talked me out of this." Gigi whispered to her friends.

"We did." Freddie whispered back. "But you were so fixed on coming here. We just wanted to help you."

"We did what he had to do to help you get answers." Zevon whispered.

"You'd do the same for us." CJ said. "Now don't go feeling bad about it now. We're here and we're not leaving until you get answers."

"Funny that you think you'll be able to leave so easily." Uma said, as she had leaned in to eaves drop on their conversation.

"What does that even mean?" CJ asked. "We best your little crew. We can beat you too.. Shrimpy."

Uma scrunched her nose at the old nickname, raising her arm to lunge at CJ. Quinn pulled her back, clicking her tongue at her.

"Calm down Uma." Quinn said. "We don't need you going off on them now. Why am I being the reasonable one here?"

"Because Uma always goes off on people who call her Shrimpy." Chelsea said with a shrug. "Quinn's gonna kill you. I get to drag your body away."

"Hush it both of you." Uma said, placing her hands over each other on the table. She looked Gigi dead in the eyes as she spoke. "We're not the ones that are going to kill her. We don't even care about her."

"We don't?" Chelsea asked as Quinn elbowed her in the side.

"Oh no." Quinn said, shaking her head a smirk on her lips. "Someone else wants her. Someone she might know well."

"What are you going on about?" CJ said with a yawn. "We beat your little pirates yesterday. We beat my brother."

"Well we have people that want all of you." Uma said with a shrug. "I'm sure you'll be happy to see your dear siblings who have missed you so much."

"I just told you we beat Harry." CJ said. "What are you going on about?"

"Your sister..wants a visit." Uma said as CJ's smile fell. "She's still a bit mad that you'd help the little Pan escape from her."

"That was Sam's fault too." CJ huffed. "It's not all me."

"But she forgave Sam." Uma said. "Everyone forgives Sam. She doesn't go up and leave like you. She stays and fixes things. She doesn't run away from her problems."

"She has many." Quinn said. "We love our problematic."

"And Freddie, Zevon don't think we forgot about you!" Chelsea said with a Cheshire like grin. "I mean Facilier doesn't want to see your face Freddie but Harry has happily taken the job. And Zevon! Yzla would love to chat."

"And Mother Gothel really wants to see you Gisele Gothel." Quinn said. "Oh wait that isn't your name anymore is it?"

"Who said we'd go over and talk to them?" CJ asked, crossing her arms over her chest. "We can leave right now."

"I thought you'd say that." Uma said, gesturing to the exits that were now blocked. Pirates hauled them to their feet as they were sent to the locations that had been given. Gigi's fear had come to life. They had been separated.

✫✳︎✳︎✫↤

EUGENIO, had no idea what was going though his mother's head right now. He kept calling her over and over to no avail. She wasn't answering his calls.

He'd screwed up that badly. He had one job and he'd messed it up.

He'd failed.

Now his mother was probably going to come running back to the Prep to yell at him in person. Now she was truly going to flip out.

She'd waited years for Gigi to come back. She'd waited years for it.

She'd told the former King and Queen about it and Beast had decided it not be something to be talked about until the time was right.

When Ben had decided his proclamation, Rapunzel had gotten Maddie to add Gigi in there.

Yes her friends knew about it. Yes it had all been for show for the last few months. Yes they had faked a DNA test. But for good reason.

Would Gigi understand that when they told her? Or would she hate them?

She didn't know why they'd couldn't tell her and if they did she'd suffer.

He didn't want her to suffer. But watching her all these months, seeing all she had gone through just to figure out who her family was when he was standing right there? He was really starting to consider if it was worth the risk.

The curse...

Gino Fitzherbert wanted his twin sister back and he wanted her back now.