ELEVEN

Gigi propped her chin on her hands, now alone in her dorm that she's shared with the daughter of the Mad Hatter

Maddie was off somewhere and Gigi hadn't bothered to ask when she was coming back. It was getting rather late, the sun was about to set. But she still smiled was wide awake even though she'd woken up so early that morning.

She wondered if Ben had gotten through to the rulers of the provinces of Auradon. Would their plan work? Would she finally be able to sleep at night knowing who her real parent was?

Or would she have to keep waiting?

Whoever it was really didn't want her to know who they were. She'd been searching for nearly six months, her she hadn't found anything. She'd hit so many dead ends, her leads had lead her nowhere. She still didn't know who she was.

What if her name wasn't really Gigi?

What if it was something else?

Would she like it?

She had too many questions and such little answers. Nobody wanted to claim her and she wondered why.

Had Mother Gothel threatens them so long ago? Were they afraid if she found out, Mother Gothel's wrath would be felt upon them?

But Mother Gothel was on the Isle, Gigi had to remind herself that constantly. Mother Gothel couldn't reach her here. She was safe. At least that was what she wanted to believe.

She knew how her "mother" got when she was angry and it wasn't pretty. She probably wanted revenge on Gigi for failing her. She'd do anything to get her hands on her traitorous daughter. Even though Gigi wasn't hers and she couldn't do anything to her from where she was. Gigi had to constantly remind herself this.

She was safe in Auradon, her mother couldn't reach her. She couldn't get revenge on her. As long as she stayed here.

But she'd have to return sooner or later didn't she? Mother Gothel would be waiting, waiting for her to come ask her herself who her real mother was. Would go give into the temptation? Would she go back just to get stuck again? She couldn't escape if she was there. It wouldn't be possible unless she had a plan, a plan of action.

She had to figure out how she could get in and out of the Isle without getting stuck there or having other people follow her.

She only knew one person who could get on and off the Isle and come back again. The girl had done it so many times her family had stopped worrying bout where she was, knowing she'd come back eventually.

That was until the Jewel Bilee, when CJ had decided enough was enough and that she was staying in Auradon for good. Gigi was sure her brother and sister weren't so happy to hear that. But they couldn't complain. If their little sister was happy, that was what mattered in the end though neither of them would admit it.

Gigi got up, putting her jacket, heading out the door. When she opened it, she came face to face with Maddie, who was about to enter.

"Where are you going?" Maddie asked, raising an eyebrow. "It's almost curfew."

"I'll be back." Gigi said, not wanting to worry her friend any more than she had to. Or tell her anything more than she needed to.

Maddie would tell her not to go, but Gigi had to. She had to get to the bottom of this, no matter how long it took.

"Okay." Maddie said. "Don't be late. You know what happens when you miss curfew. Fairy Godmother will lose her mind."

Gigi smiled at her friend, walking past her, feeling her watching her as she walked away. Gigi headed around the corner, going down the hall until she reached the last room on the right.

Gigi knocked on the door, waiting for CJ to answer if she was in the room that was. The girl was always out having adventures of her own, even when she was in Auradon. Old habits died hard.

After a few minutes CJ opened the door, glancing at Gigi for a moment.

"What's up G?" CJ said. "I haven't seen you since this morning."

"Nothing." Gigi said, looking around and not meeting CJ's gaze.

"Oh no." CJ said. "That our I-have-a-plan-but-I-think-it's-crazy face. Come in, Gigi. I'd like to hear this plan of yours."

Gigi blinked in surprise, entering the room where Freddie lay sprawled on her bed, reading a textbook that didn't seem to be of internees to her.

"Hey Gigi." Freddie said. "Haven't seen you in awhile. How's your..situation."

Freddie seemed to choose her words carefully, not knowing what to call what Gigi was going through.

"It's fine." Gigi said. "We haven't got any leads yet. But Ben's working on it."

"That'll take forever." Freddie mused. "Ben's made so many promises, I don't know if he keep all of them."

"What do you mean?" CJ said, sitting on her bed, patting it so that Gigi could sit next to her. Gigi sat down as they watched Freddie. Freddie closed her textbook, tossing it aside.

"Well he promised he'd bring more Isle kids over." Freddie said. "Which didn't happen. He said he'd help me with our history of Auradon project but he didn't."

"I thought I was your partner for that." CJ said. "Did you ask Ben behind my back."

"I didn't." Freddie said. "This wasn't about me. This is about Gigi." Freddie turned to Gigi. "Why'd you come so late? It's almost curfew. Fairy Godmother will lose her head if she doesn't find you in your dorm at ten."

"She has a plan." CJ said. "On how to find her mom or whatever and she thinks it's crazy."

"Well you came to the right people." Freddie said. "We're the best at crazy plans that somehow work. What's your plan?"

"I want to go to the Isle." Gigi said. "And ask Mother Gothel who my mom is."