TWENTY SEVEN

"Samantha

"Samantha. Gil." Mother Gothel said, sweetly. "Thank you for delivering my prisoners."

Sam rolled her eyes at the use of her full name but said nothing, her eyes darting between Mother Gothel and the narrow exit that was blocked by said woman.

"Great." Sam said. "Lets' go Gil."

"Not so fast." Mother Gothel said. "Take a seat. What's the rush Samantha?"

She smiled a smile that Gigi knew all too well, and it seemed Rapunzel knew it as well as she stiffened under her gaze. Mother Gothel smiled, as she pushed past Gil and Sam, both still in too much shock at seeing the old hag to try and escape.

Mother Gothel reached down and cupped Rapunzel's face in her wrinkled hand.

"Oh Rapunzel." Mother Gothel said. "You didn't think that you'd be able to get away from me that easily. Now it has been twenty years. Last i saw you, you were eighteen which makes you thirty eight. How's it feel being in my shoes now? Taking care of an inconsiderate child of your own who is just as naive, just as adventurous as you called it."

"I'm not like you." Rapunzel said through gritted teeth.

"So defensive aren't you?" Mother Gothel asked, letting go of Rapunzel roughly and turning to Eugene. "It's Flynn Rider. How lovely to see you again. I remember when my knife was embedded in your side, i still have it."

Eugene looked at her uneasily and had learned from past experiences it was best he didn't entice her.

"Quiet are you?" Mother Gothel asked, waving her hand in the air. "Oh well then."

She turned on her heel, smiling coyly as she tossed a knife in the air, the very knife she had stabbed Eugene Fitzherbert with twenty years ago.

The King and Queen of Corona paled at the sight, exchanging nervous looks. Mother Gothel put it back up her sleeve, how it stayed there, Gigi had no idea.

"What boring company I have today." Mother Gothel said. "I was sure I'd have a much more meaningful conversation with you. I suppose you've lost your childlike wonder haven't you Rapunzel? Have you finally realized that the world is dark, selfish and cruel. If it finds the slightest ray of sunshine it will destroy it. Have you finally realized the world is not what you thought it to be my flower?'

Rapunzel recoiled at the nickname Mother Gothel had called her all those years ago.

Eugene, who had been in deep thought, looked up at Mother Gothel with a frown.

"Shouldn;'t you be dead?" Eugene asked. "I saw you fall out of that window. We both did. When we went down to check, you were nothing but dust."

"Yes." Mother Gothel said. "Not my proudest moment, dying of such foolishness. But I would have preferred to stay dead. The blasted Beast thought it was a good idea to raise the villains from the dead and exile them here. A fate much worse than death I must say because many of us were dead and would have loved to stay dead. But I suppose."

"You were supposed to die a long time ago." Eugene said. "But you kept using that flower."

"Looking young is everything." Mother Gothel said.

"Guess it isn't working for you." Sam said with a shrug as Mother Gothel narrowed her eyes at her.

"I like her." Eugene said.

"Hush Samantha." Mother Gothel said. "I didn't ask for your input. And you're oddly quiet Gigi, may I ask why?"

Gigi didn't answer and instead continued to stare off into space, her mind racing as she tried to think of a reason why the King and Queen of Corona were here in the first place.

"She's wondering why you are here." Mother Gothel said. "Because she doesn't know."

"What doesn't she know?" Gil asked.

"We've been over this many times Gil." Mother Gothel said. "I have no idea why it hasn't gotten through your thick skull yet.

"You can't make fun of Gil." Sam said. "Only I can do that."

"Yeah!" Gil said, waving his fist enthusiastically in the air.

"I love your enthusiasm." Eugene said. "Even when she insulted you herself."

Gil smiled, shrugging his shoulders.

"Enough!" Mother Gothel said as Gigi watched Gil and Sam sneak away. "Stop chatting with my prisoners. This is a kidnap."

GINO AND THE VKS stood in the VKs old hideout after the whole Uma ordeal, trying to form a plan but still having nothing.

"They always want something." Mal said. "My mom wanted Fairy Godmother's wand. Uma wanted the trident. But the question is what does Mother Gothel want?"

"Other than making Gigi go crazy?" Carlos asked. "The flower."

Gino paled at the mention of the flower that had almost cost his family everything.

"The flower." Jay said. "That one that keeps you young."

"So you think she took Gigi at the beginning because she thought Gigi would have that power?" Evie said. "That makes sense."

"Then she realized it wouldn't work because of the barrier." Mal said. "So she kept Gigi from her parents just like she had Rapunzel, only this time they knew she was with them but knew it was too dangerous to get her."

"This is a dilemma." Evie said as she sat on the couch.

"A dilemma indeed." HJ said from behind them.

"Ew its you." Mal said. "What do you want Barbossa?"

"Wait a minute." HJ said. "They're taking too long."

"Who?" Evie asked, peering down the stairs as she heard boots stomping up them.

HJ said nothing as two figures appeared behind him, both visibly out of breath.

"Dude we ran down like ten flights of stairs." Sam said. "And we were chased by two of her stupid guards. Do not tell me that I am taking too long."

"Hi Sam." Evie said with a small smile.

"Hi Evie." Sam said.

"Why are you here?" Jay said.

"To help you." Gil said.

"Do you want it or not?" HJ added.

The VKs shared skeptical looks before Mal gave in.

"Fine." Mal said. "You better not be playing with us."

"Oh nonsense." Sam said, waving her hand dismissively. "I'm not a turncoat like you."