TWENTY TWO

Crystal sat on the spare bed in Gino's room, as Gino explained to Pandora what had happened

"See Pandora." Gino said. "She's gone and I don't know what we're supposed to do. My mom isn't answering the phone and I have a bad feeling about it."

"You think your mom has the guts to go to the Isle?" Pandora asked. "Because I went there and barely made it out. It's terrible there."

"How did you get out?" Crystal asked. "I never did ask before."

"Some people helped me." Pandora said. "CJ and her friend. I don't know why they'd help me. I'm the daughter of their parent's enemy. Their siblings tried killing me and Tals. There are some nice people there. Some aren't as rotten as they seem. But the majority would use a royal to their advantage. Use it as a way to get out."

"That's terrible." Crystal said. "I can't imagine going to the Isle. I don't think I'd ever do that."

"So explain this curse to me?" Pandora said. "I never got the details. Just that Gigi going to the Isle again was a bad idea and that Rapunzel couldn't tell her she was her mom."

"So Mother Gothel kidnapped Gigi when she was a baby, the day we were born, like she did to my mom." Fiona said. "She thought she'd have magical hairs to heal her which she did, she doesn't look as old anymore. But she forgot that the barrier drained out Magic."

"Okay." Pandora nodded. "Continue."

"She didn't want to be sent to the Isle without messing with her life one more time." Crystal said. "And then sixteen years later, Ben did his first proclamation and Maddie convinced him to add Mother Gothel's daughter. Gigi."

"Mom hadn't told Gigi she was her mother because of a curse put upon her by the Enchantress." Gino added.

"What does the Enchantress have to do with any of this?" Pandora asked. Crystal waved her hand dismissively.

"The Enchantress and Mother Gothel had teamed up to keep away from getting captured for as long as possible." Gino said. "She'd placed a curse on Gigi that would be unlocked if they ever saw each other again."

"What does the curse do?" Pandora asked.

"If Rapunzel peeped the secret." Crystal said. "Gigi would fall asleep like my mom and Aurora."

"So how was she supposed to wake up if that happens?" Pandora asked. "Please don't tell me it's true love's kiss. Because that seems to be the only thing villains can come up with."

"Or stealing your voice." Arion shuddered as he entered the room.

"Of course you'd say that." Crystal said. "Your mom lost her voice because of Ursula."

"And your mom fell asleep because of the Evil Queen." Arion said. "Our parents' stories shape us more than we know."

"But we're not our parents." Pandora said. "We're the next generation. We're the generation of change. Who isn't afraid of what's to come."

"Maybe a little." Crystal said.

"Maybe a little." Pandora agreed. "So what are we going to do about this?"

"I don't know." Gino said. "Why do you think we called you here?"

"I feel offended I wasn't called to a secret meeting that was happening in my dorm room." Arion said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Sorry Ari." Gino said. "I kind of panicked and Pandora and Crystal were the first on speed dial,"

"Am I after them?" Arion asked. "Because that's even more offending."

"I didn't mean to offend Arion." Gino said. "And yeah. You are."

"Now that we established we aren't offended by each other." Crystal said. "We kind of need a plan."

"Let's hope your mom didn't take matters into her own hands." Pandora said. "I don't think the people of the Isle would appreciate if we sent the army of Corona to retrieve Gigi. Mother Gothel would totally do something to her then."

"Do you think Gothel already has her?" Arion asked. "Not to sound like a pessimist or anything,"

"I hope not." Gino said. "Tha. t would be too late."

"Do you think maybe Gigi went back to ask Gothel herself?" Arion asked. "You know desperate times calls for desperate measures."

"No I don't-. I hope she didn't do that." Crystal said. "That would make matters a lot worse."

"Yes." Pandora said. "Let's think of a plan of attack. Maybe we can get some friends to help us."

"Maddie already said she isn't going." Crystal said. "And Talia said she's still traumatized. And we aren't taking the king to the Isle."

"Well then." Mal said, leaning against the door frame. "I think we might be of assistance."

She motioned to the other VKs behind her.

"Kill two birds with one stone." Jay agreed.

"What are you talking about?" Crystal asked.

"Oh nothing." Carlos said, elbowing Jay in the side. "We're just here to help our friend."

"Because she's one of us. And we don't leave friends behind." Evie added, as the four VKs grinned at them eagerly. Gino felt there was something else in their agenda. But he accepted their help.

"Okay," Gino said. "Help me get my sister back."

✫✳︎✳︎✫↤

GIGI felt dizzy, as the Stabbington brothers led her up the stairs that would lead to Mother Gothel.

The last she'd seen them, they'd been nice to her, well as nice as they could be. They'd stolen her apples from the stand, followed her like bodyguards.

Now that she thought about it, Mother Gothel had probably sent them after her to make sure she did as she was told.

She mustered up the courage to talk to them.

"Hey guys?" She said. "Long time no see. How you been?"

"We aren't here for formalities Gigi." Stabbinton #1 said.

"But we're fine thank you." Stabbington #2 said. "Don't know if you'll be."

Gigi had no time to question them, as they led her into Mother Gothel's room.

She sat on a chair, looking just as she always had. Slender, pale skin, red lips, long curly shiny black hair that was now turning gray once more and those startling gray eyes.

Gigi couldn't look her in the eyes. She never could.

Mother Gothel walked over, as the brothers kneeled Gigi  in front of her.

She bent down, cupping Gigi's face in her hands, which had become wrinkled with age.

"Oh my precious Gigi." Mother Gothel sneered, her nails digging into Gigi's skin. "Welcome home."