- 14 -

~ three months later: July ~

Your POV

After having spent nearly three months planning our wedding, we had a pretty solid idea of what we wanted, where, and when. We decided to keep it simple and have the wedding in a church, and the planned date was October third.

To take a break from everything, John and I decided to escape Manhattan for the day and go to Long Island. We had been there since shortly before lunch, spending much of the time at the beach, and now were just finishing up a trip around Coney Island as the sun began setting.

"Hey princesa," John started as we walked down the boardwalk.

"Yeah?"

"Can you believe we're getting married in three months?"

"Not really," I laughed, feeling my cheeks start heating up.

"You're gonna be (Y/N) Laurens. How does that feel?"

"Amazing," I muttered, swinging our interlocked hands slightly.

John chuckled as we continued walking, this time above the water. After a few moments, we decided to sit on the edge. We were both in a comfortable silence and I looked out. Everything was calm and I didn't realize how wonderful it was until now.

After some beats, my phone went off. Pulling it out of my small bag, I read the screen.

Instagram
johnlaurensofficial mentioned you on their story.

I glanced at John, stifling a giggle as I opened the notification.

johnlaurensofficial 20 sec ago

(Yes ik this ain't the actual place but

(Yes ik this ain't the actual place but... story purposes bear with me here)

I looked up at John. "You're too sweet."

He chuckled, moving slightly closer. "Only for you, princesa."

I paused, thinking for like the millionth time since we started dating how sweet John truly was. He never complained, was always trying to make me happy when I wasn't, or just even trying to make me even happier, and just all the other positive, wonderful qualities out there. But my mind wandered to something else.

Since our three year mark three months ago, I had been starting to wonder John's opinion on a child. We hadn't been around many kids but from the very few experiences, he seemed to love them. But one of his own? I had no idea, but was a bit determined to find out.

"John?" I asked after a moment.

"Yeah?"

"Can I... ask you something?" I looked up at him.

John nodded. "Of course, chickadee."

I hesitated. "Have you... ever thought of kids? Like... a child of your own?"

He nodded again. "I have. I've actually wondered the same thing about you," he chuckled lightly.

I was a bit surprised. "Really?"

"Yeah." John laughed sheepishly after a moment. "I've always wanted a girl. Frances Eleanor."

I couldn't help but smile. "That's adorable. I kinda thought you'd want a boy."

He shrugged. "I mean, I'm perfectly fine with a girl or a boy, it's just what I prefer."

It was quiet a moment before John spoke up again. "Why do you ask?"

I shrugged. "I was just wondering. I've rarely ever seen you with kids so it had me thinking."

"Well, yeah! I have thought about it. Don't you remember last year?"

"Last yea-- Ohhh..."

Flashback -

It was John, Alex, and I at their apartment. Laf had gone off with Herc to his shop for a couple hours.

Curtsy of myself, Moana was on as we sat on the sofa. Maui was going through his whole "You're Welcome" and I was singing along with it. John partially sang the words when he knew them and Alex was just looking on, amused.

"Y'know," Alex spoke, chuckling, "God bless if there's ever children at some point in time."

John laughed. "If they didn't get (Y/N)'s knack for Disney then I'd be shocked."

I looked at the pair. "Why are we even discussing kids? I'm the female here!"

I looked at them a moment. "Do you both want kids or somethin'?"

Alex's dark eyes lit up. "For sure! A boy would be amazing!"

John raised an amused eyebrow. "I think a girl would be even more amazing."

"But a boy! Imagine a bold, young boy running around the house, or learning to play a game console!"

"Have you forgotten a girl can still do those things? Plus, imagine a little girl dancing to something like Moana! It's perfect!" John responded.

Even though John's tone was playful, I could sense he was a bit upset with Alex for 'assuming'. Even when it came to kids, John still thought of equality.

Flashback end -

"I nearly forgot about that conversation," I spoke after a moment.

John nodded. "Yeah. It's one of the few good things I remember. If it could even be called that."

I could tell John was slightly tense so I moved over, gently placing my hand over his. His body relaxed after a brief moment.

I rubbed the top of his hand with my thumb. "Don't stress over it; that was last year. Now we're in this year. We're gonna get married, príncipe."

John nodded after a moment. "You're right... you're right. Thank you, princesa."