- 25 -

~ two days later ~

Your POV

"But here I am with arms unfolding. I guess it isn't quite the end.
Old partner in crime, I'm going to try and fall in love with you again."

The music faded out and I looked at Luka, who stopped the recording. He walked over to the room's door, opening it. "Another successful start!"

I took off my headphones. "Yeah! Except that it's gonna be a cappella. This one's gonna take the longest to get everything perfect."

"(Y/N), you're almost twenty-five, and you're already one of the fastest growing artists in the U.S. Everyone's gonna love it regardless."

"Ya think so?" I responded, looking at Luka.

He nodded. "Hell yeah."

~ that night ~

I walked back into John and I's house, sighing as I dropped my bag on the stairwell. Shortly after leaving Luka's studio, I had started to get a headache. But instead of going home, I spent the day with Mei after she had asked yesterday. I had managed to shrug off the headache then, but I couldn't now.

"John? Are you here, baby?" I called, noting the quiet.

"I'm upstairs!" John's voice responded.

I walked up the stairs, going down the hall. Entering the bedroom, I was met with John typing on his laptop. He looked at me, turning his chair so he was facing me.

"I haven't seen you since this morning, princesa!"

I ran a hand through my hair. "I know. I'm sorry, príncipe."

John shook his head. "You don't need to apologize."

He paused a moment, looking at me. "Princesa, you look exhausted. Is everything alright?"

"It's just been a long day."

John stood up, grabbing my hand and pulling me gently over to the bed. I couldn't help but smile a bit as he picked me up, setting me on the bed and sitting himself across from me. "What did you even do today? I remember you saying you had plans with Mei, but that's about it."

"I was at Luka's studio first. We started recording the first song for my new album. I was there for at least a couple hours. After I left his studio, I started getting a headache, but continued my plans with Mei. Then Amara also joined us, so that was that. I was fine throughout all of that but then it came back," I explained.

"How bad is your headache?" he asked.

I shrugged. "I've had worse, but it still hurts."

John sighed, moving so he was leaning against the headboard. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me to him. I laid against his chest, feeling him place a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Do you wanna just call it a day early?" John suggested quietly.

I nodded. "That would be nice."

John let me get up, and I got off the bed, grabbing our pajamas. After getting ready, I got back into bed, John pulling me back to him. My back rested against his chest, and his arm was wrapped around me loosely, hand holding mine.

"Goodnight chickadee. I love you," he muttered, gently squeezing my hand.

"G'night... te amo.." I mumbled back, already falling asleep.

~ the next morning ~

When I woke up, I felt relieved feeling that my headache was gone.

I managed to wriggle out of John's arms without waking him up, pulling one of his sweatshirts on over my pajamas as I silently went down the stairs.

I went down the hall right into the kitchen. Seeing as John barely ever let me help for breakfast, I'd do it now while I could.

Pulling out things as quietly as I could, I grabbed the things needed for french toast, getting right to work.

It only took about ten or so minutes to get the french toast cooked. I set some on two plates, getting out syrup. Quickly setting up the table, I was proud of my self as I heard the bedroom door open.

I smiled when John walked into the kitchen. "Mornin' príncipe."

"G'morning princesa." He looked around the kitchen. "You made breakfast?"

"I wouldn't have been able to if you got up any earlier," I responded, laughing slightly. "Now c'mon, let's have breakfast."

~

After breakfast, John went back upstairs to change and I cleaned up the dishes. I went up the stairs, but instead of going to our bedroom I walked into my music room.

I sat on my piano bench, opening the cover. Placing my hands on the keys, I started playing a song.

"We'll do it all. Everything; on our own.
We don't need anything, or anyone.

If I lay here, if I just lay here,
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

I was blissfully unaware of John gently pushing open the slightly ajar door, not saying anything but rather listening.

"I don't quite know how to say how I feel.
Those three words are said too much; they're not enough.

If I lay here, if I just lay here,
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
Forget what we're told, before we get too old.
Show me a garden that's bursting into life."

I finally looked up, almost stopping my playing in surprise at my husband standing in the doorway.

John chuckled, walking in and making a motion to keep going.

"Let's waste time chasing cars around our heads."

I kept going through the rest of the song, looking up at John occasionally. I noticed the smile on his face never left.

"If I lay here, if I just lay here,
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"