- 35 -

~ time skip: February 24 ~

Your POV

Things had finally settled down. John had a newer car very similar to his original one back, and the emails were lessening. I was glad the stress was slowly starting to vanish.

I stood with John in the bathroom, fixing his bandages. While the bleeding did stop quite a while ago (with the occasional drips), the doctor had said to leave the bandages on a bit longer - just to be safe.

Unwrapping the bandages currently on his arm, I was aware of his free hand on my back, tracing gentle circles. It felt nice considering my back had been hurting slightly.

The bandages unraveled and I found myself glancing at the long, faded reddish cut, an unknown emotion inside. I must've been staring at it for more than a few seconds because I felt John's lips press against my temple, taking me out of my weird state.

I mumbled an apology, throwing the old bandages into the trash and unrolling new ones. Holding John's arm gently, I carefully started wrapping up his arm, trying to make sure it was tight, but not tight enough to make it bleed.

When I finished, I stuck the bandages in place, stepping back. "All done."

"Thank you, princesa," John spoke quietly, kissing my cheek.

I nodded in acknowledgment, but my mind was already elsewhere for some reason. I found myself suddenly remember a few weeks ago, when I had first seen the cut.

Flashback -

I sat on the rim of the tub next to John, supplies by my feet.

The bandages on his arm already were stained with some blood. John's free arm was around me, rubbing calm circles by my shoulder.

Slowly, I started unwinding the bandages. The more I unraveled, the more red I saw covering the cut.

I finished unwinding the bandages, seeing a long, crimson-stained cut. The cut was surrounded by some dried blood, faded bruises littering about where John's shoulder started. The sight brought some bad emotion in the pit of my stomach.

John's hand moving from my arm to softly rest on my cheek caused me to snap out of my daze. I leaned slightly towards him, letting him gently stroke my cheek. "I'm okay, chickadee. Don't worry."

After another moment or so, I leaned down, picking up the new bandages.

-

"--esa? Princesa!"

My eyes snapped up. "Huh?"

John's hazel eyes looked at me, concern lacing his features. "Are you alright, chickadee?"

I nodded, running a hand through my hair. "Just remembered something, is all.."

"Why don't we go out?" John suggested after a moment. "We could check out a few stores. Maybe find a thing or two for the little one."

I smiled lightly at the thought. "Yeah! It's probably about time we start preparing this house for the baby anyways.."

He smiled. "Perfect. C'mon, mi princesa."

I giggled when he grabbed my hand, lifting it and placing a light kiss on it before leading me out of the bathroom.

~

Upon opening the door, John and I were met with an excited Bowie. I giggled, leaning forward so I could pick him up.

"Good God, Bo.. You're getting heavy.." I muttered, making John laugh.

Bowie licked my face, making me laugh more as I ruffled his fur, setting him down after a few moments. I watched him go to the kitchen, where John was.

I walked into the kitchen shortly after, finding John starting to take things out of the few bags we had.

Watching him set items on the kitchen island, I watched him pull something out that surprised me a little bit.

Flashback -

John and I were in a Target shortly out of Manhattan. We were walking around the store when something in with the baby stuff caught my eye.

I walked over to it, getting a better look. It was a tiny light gray and white striped, long-sleeved onesie. In the middle sat a cute little polar bear. Since John and I had decided we'd wait to find out the gender until the baby was born, everything about it was adorable and perfect.

John walked up beside me. "Ain't that cute."

I giggled. "It is!"

I held the onesie in my hand, debating on taking it off the rack. But I let go, putting my hand down.

Looking up at John, he looked back, puzzled. "You're not gonna get it?"

I shook my head. "We have other rather important things to get first. It'll be here, I'm sure."

Upon saying that, I started walking away, continuing to other baby necessities. After a few moments, John was next to me again.

-

"You picked up the onesie..?"

John smiled, nodding. "I did. You really seemed to love it so I grabbed it after you started walking away."

A smile crossed my face. "You're so sweet, príncipe."

John chuckled, walking over and placing a little kiss on my nose, making me giggle. He smiled at my reaction, pressing his lips to mine gently.

We pulled away slowly, him looking at me lovingly. "You're so beautiful, ángel."

I shot him a playful look. "'Ángel', huh? That's a new one."

He only smiled. "You are my angel, after all."

Giggling, I tilted my head up, kissing his cheek.

John shot me his usual charming smile. "You missed."

"Why don't you show me the right way then?"

"Gladly."