- 34 -

~ next week ~

Your POV

Things had reverted back to their usual ways. In other words, not the complete calm I had enjoyed for a short time. Things were hectic, and even more stressful. News had long-since spread like wildfire online and John and I were receiving email after email varying from court-related things and matters concerning his car.

I hated being so stressed. Now that I was entering my fourth month of pregnancy, the baby was developing more and I was afraid they would grow more prone to stress.

Currently sat at my desk, I was staring at my phone, watching it light up every so often with a fan trying to DM me, asking about John and I. My laptop was open to my emails, and I debated on what to do.

Sighing, I rested my head in my hands. "For Christ's sake..." It didn't help my lower back was semi-sore from the baby.

I heard Bowie enter the bedroom from the click of his nails, still not bothering to look up. While I heard Bowie, I didn't hear my husband.

"(Y/N)? Are you alright, chickadee?"

"Honest answer or no?" I mumbled into my hands.

It was quiet, but I felt hands on my shoulders. John lightly rubbed my shoulders, and I eventually looked up.

John pulled out my chair - me still in it - and held out his hand. I took it after a moment, letting him gently pull me up. I followed him to the side of the bed, and he let go of my hand to get on the bed, leaning against the headboard.

"What're you doing?" I asked, glancing at him.

"Just c'mere," he answered simply.

I looked over towards my laptop. "But we have-"

"That can wait. You're like a ball of stress right now, princesa. It's not healthy for you, and not just because you're carrying a baby."

After a moment, I let John pull me onto the bed. I adjusted so I was against his chest, laying on my side. I felt his hand on my back, absentmindedly tracing small patterns.

It was silent in the room except for the sound of John's heartbeat against my ear. My eyes fell onto his bandaged arm, looking at it a moment before placing my hand in his, closing my eyes.

John squeezed my hand gently. "Feel better, princesa?"

"Mhm.." I mumbled.

Nothing else was said, and I felt comfort at John continuing to trace patterns on my back.

Hercules's POV

"Hey Herc.."

"Alex? Where are you two?"

"Er... could you pick us up at the medical center like ten minutes away?"

"What? Why?"

"We'll explain when we get there."

There was snapping in front of my eyes. "-rc. Hercules!"

I looked up at Alex. "Huh?"

"You alright?"

"Am I- Oh! Yeah, I'm fine."

"Alex! Laf! What the hell even happened to you guys; why are you all bruised up?!"

"I-We... well... Laf and I got into a tiny bit of an accident because of a mini argument..."

My eyes widened. "Is the driver alright too?"

He shrugged. "Haven't seen him since... his arm didn't look the best though.."

I could tell they were hesitating to tell me something. "Is there something I'm missing here?"

"'erc... the man in the other car was John.."

"Herc! Are you tired or something? Have you been sleeping alright?"

'What the hell is up with me?' "Sorry, sweetheart. Just a little out of it today. Work has been interesting," I lied. Well, it wasn't a complete lie. I was out of it, but work wasn't even that bad at all.

Both Alex and Laf had concern in their dark eyes.

"Maybe you should take a nap, 'erc?" Laf suggested.

I nodded after a moment. "Yeah... I'll go do that.."

With that, I walked off without another word to our room, closing the door behind me. I sat on the bed, not laying down.

"J-John? Of all people?!"

"Oui.. B-But it was an accident, we swear!" Laf responded quickly.

"What were you guys even arguing about that distracted Laf of all people from driving?" I asked.

"Um... (Y-Y/N)..." Alex answered after a beat.

I couldn't say I was entirely surprised, and I couldn't help but sense the irony in this whole situation. "I-Err-Well... Let's just get going guys. I'm sure Laf wants to get off of his leg for now."

I didn't think things could possibly drop any lower between us and John and (Y/N), but I guess last week proved wrong. Who knew where we were heading next at this rate.