Don't Die

Nate's POV: (Before Matt gets hurt)

        I was sitting down laughing at Matt, he walked into the room looking furious. "Who the hell took the toaster out of the fridge?!" He looked at me as if he didn't understand why I was laughing. "Is it funny that I won't be able to make cold toast for the love of my life?!" He walked up to me, his eyes shining gold, he pressed his lips to mine and we kissed.

        After a few seconds, he got off me, he was about to leave, but am arrow flew fight above his head. We heard cheering come from outside, so we ran. I saw an army of rogues, all in their wolf forms, except for 1, he was holding a bow and arrow. 'Alvin, get all of the woman and children to the cells and lock them in. Tell all of our best fighters out here, we've got rogues".

        He responded, we fought off as many as we could, Matt got his calf bit and fell. I defended him until back up came, as we were sneaking away, a wolf knocked me over. I heard Matt scream, his chest was torn across by the silver claws of a rogue. He immediately started coughing up blood, he might die, the silver is in him now. Me and a few unharmed fighters carried him over to my car.

        I started driving quickly, I'll be dead inside if he dies, I just can't let that happen. 'Ms. Montgomery, prepare a room for Matthew, he's badly hurt'. I could barely focus on the road, but got him there just as he was getting pale white.

        I helped them change Matt into just his underwear. When it came to the stitching part, his eyes shot open and he panicked and struggled. I held him down, running my fingers through his hair and kissing him. He lost consciousness, and that's when Lillian came into the room. She started crying when she saw him, she looked truly sad. They said Matt needs a blood transfusion since he lost too much, so I gave him it.

        After a while of us holding each other's hands, his went limp, and I could hear the flat line on the machine. A few doctors ran into the room and I covered my eyes, until I heard the regular beat of the machines. A few minutes later, Lillian walked in with the kids.