if you ever want to be in love

song: if you ever want to be in love by James bay (acoustic)

saw you today after so much time
felt just like it used to be

Sean wasn't nervous about seeing her again until his eyes got caught on hers. She was still as beautiful as he remembered, even more, if it was possible. Her hair was still long but it was just a bit lighter by the ends and it was falling in waves as it framed her face. She was wearing what every other bridesmaid was wearing, a light baby blue dress, but it looked different and better on her.

When Ken asked for him to be his best man he accepted without thinking twice even though he knew that she was probably going to be Bailey's maid of honor. He thought it was going to be alright because since he wasn't living in LA anymore he wouldn't have to participate in the wedding rehearsals, he wouldn't have to be with her that much so everything was going to be okay.

His best friend warned him that he would have to walk the wile with her but he said that it was fine because he really believed it was, I mean? It has been four years, he was over her... but that thought only lasted until they were face to face, about to walk into the church and she looked up at him with the sweetest smile while holding a small bouquet in hands, and suddenly it was like he was seventeen again and in love for the first time.

They didn't say a word to each other because it was weeding time but he saw how her cheeks blushed when he looked at her up and down, he snapped out of his thoughts when the music started. He walked to her and offered his arm for her to enlace hers's and it was what she did. Their skin didn't even touch and yet he shivered by the proximity. He really didn't understand how it was possible for her to still have this effect on him even after all these years apart.

He gave her one last look before they drifted apart at the altar, and she looked at him too. The ceremony was beautiful and his heart filled with warmth while watching Ken and Bailey's happiness to be marrying one another.

At the party, they sat at the bride and groom's table, but she was on Bailey's side and he was on Ken's side so he couldn't really see her, but he could hear her laugh once in a while and it made him chuckle to himself because it was still one of the best sounds he had ever heard.

It was time for the speeches and she went before him, she stood up with a mic in her hands and she seemed nervous, he remembered how much she hated to talk in public when they were young.

She took a deep breath. "Bailey, I remember when we were ten talking about dolls. I remember when we were thirteen talking about makeup, well you were talking about makeup because I was mostly just listening. I remember when we were fifteen talking about boys and I remember like if it happened yesterday, you said with a very disturbed expression on your face 'uh, I thinking I'm finding ken hot now' and we laughed at your discovery." Everyone laughed. "Ever since day one everyone knew you two were meant to be, and I'm so glad that I've been able to be here all these years to see your relationship growing and how much you make each other happy. Ken, thank you for making my best friend happier each day. I love you two so much and I wish you the best and happiest life." She raised her glass. "To Ken and Bailey."

Bailey and she shared a quick hug and then it was his time, he stood up, and even though he had rehearsed what he was going to say he was still feeling nervous. "I have to start this speech by saying that I always knew that one day we would end up here because Ken has always been obsessed with Bailey." People laughed. "They had always been at their best when they were together and it was always beautiful to see how much you cared about each other. Ken, my brother, you are the luckiest man right now and I couldn't be happier for you because you really did what you said you would when we were kids, you married your best friend." The room was filled with 'awns' and he didn't help himself, he looked at her for a slip second. "With a love like yours I do not doubt that you are going to be happy, and for that, I cheer today." He raised his glass. "To Ken and Bailey, that you live a happy life as lovers and friends."