better

song: better by Khalid

He barely had time after she opened the door of her apartment because she pulled him inside collapsing their lips together without even saying hello.

"Not even a hello?" He asked, as her lips were against his.

"Hi." She said fast, between the kiss.

"I thought this wasn't going to happen anymore." He said, a smirk getting into their kiss.

"I had a bad day." She said leaving the kiss.

She started to walk to her room, leaving a trail of clothes throughout the way. "Are you coming or not?"

He took a deep breath and followed to her room, after leaving his shoes by the door. "Wanna talk about it?"

She pulled him back to her by the edge of his shirt as he got to the room, making him take it off. "No."

He sighed internally — he loved having casual sex with her once they needed to vent something out but he was starting to grow out of it. He was starting to want more than just sex and goodbye.

It was starting to be hard to forget how she would wrap her arms around his neck and kiss him like there was no tomorrow when they were alone, and act like just friends in front of everyone else — she was good at acting like just friends, he was good too but he didn't want to be.

Like she was doing now — only in her bra and leggings, she wrapped her arms around his neck as their almost naked bodies touched.

Her eyes landed on his for a slip second and in his gaze, he tried to show her how he felt about her, he tried to touch her heart with his eyes, tried to show her how much sense they made together — we connect, are you feeling it now? he thought to himself, trying to reach for more of her than just her skin.

"You're overthinking." She whispered against his lips, sending shivers through his body.

He wanted to talk about it but then her fingers were traveling in his hair as her mouth brushed the skin of his neck and suddenly he couldn't think about anything anymore.

He pushed her against the wall, not in a tender way as he caught her lips on him in an intense kiss, sitting her on top of the dresser — she moaned at his rough move as she allowed him to stand in between her legs.

She muttering the words: "Now that's my Sean."

Her use of pronoun remembered him how much he wanted more for them than those secret meet ups in the middle of the night.

The first time it happened was about a year ago, they rehearsed up until late in the am and at the end of it she was exhausted, he offered to make a massage in her back and she said yes — they both having had sex with anyone in a long time and they had just rehearsed a very hot and sexy routine for hours, so from the massage things escalated fast and then they were in his bed, naked and breathless.

After that they agreed to make it a casual thing, to help them to releases some tension once in a while — No one got to know what we do, hit me up... so we meet when you need it. He remembered saying it to her, assuring her that they could do such a thing without changing their friendship.

And at first, he really believed in that but as time passed he started to hate being her secret, he started to want for her to hold him in the daylight and not just in the darkness of her bedroom — he wanted for her to hold him when she was happy too, not only when she was feeling down.

Because for him nothing felt better than being with her in the dark, so he could only imagine how amazing it could to just be with her without all the complications.

"Sean?" She asked as he backed away, stopping the kiss.

"Did you actually had a bad day?" He asked.

She frowned confused. "Why are you asking that?"

"I need to know if you just called me because you were down or if you actually want me here." He said, sounding serious.

"Sean..." She sighed, coming down the dresser. "You are overthinking."

He chuckled, annoyed at how frustrating she was. "Of course I'm overthinking, Kaycee, honestly you should be too... like don't you think? about what we do and how good it is?"

She smiled, blushing as he kept going. "Cause I do and I do it every time, we are soooo good together and I can't believe you don't think about it too."

"Yes, Sean we have amazing sex..." He denied and didn't even allow her to finish her sentence — he walked to her and collapsed their lips together in a subtle gesture.

It was different than any other kiss they've shared because he wasn't searching for clothes to end up on the floor, he was searching for her heart to meet his.

And by the way, she kissed him back, he knew their hearts were in the same place and time, he knew that was what she wanted too.

"I want more of you than a call in the middle of the night for sex." He whispered as he left the kiss, brushing his nose against hers.

He tenderly placed a strand of her hair behind her year as he left soft kisses around her face — she tried not to but ended giggling. "What are you trying to say, Sean?"

"I'm trying to say that I'm in love with you and not just the sexy part of you. All of you Kaycee, I'm in love with every part of you, and I want it all." Their eyes never left each other as he talked. "...we don't gotta hide, this is what you like too, I know it."

"If you need I quick start then I'll do it, I'll admit, nothin' feels better this." His words brought a smile to her lips.

To his surprise, after a long time just listening, she placed her small hands on his face — stroking affectionately. "Do you wanna listen about my bad day?"

He chuckled, pressing their foreheads together while caring the brightest and biggest smile on his lips. "Yes, I would love that."

They ended half-naked, laying on her bed as she told him about all the wrong things that happened in her that day and how stressful it was but the conversation kept going as he told her about his day too.

And then they've never stopped, they talked all night about the things she didn't know about him and all the things about her that she kept just for herself, and soon the night started to go away and the first rays of sunshine entered her room through the cracks in the curtain.

Essentially the sleep started to arrive and she found herself snuggling her body on his as he held her in his arms

"Sean?" She called in a whisper.

"Hm?" He asked back, almost falling asleep already.

"You were right..." Her face in the crack of his neck, her voice in his skin. "nothin' feels better than this."

He smiled at her words and left a kiss on the top of her head as he nodded in agreement — indeed, nothing felt better than them together. No matter what they were doing, if they were together then nothing could ever come close to being better.

***
(please don't forget to comment and vote if you liked 💛🌼)