xanny

song: xanny by Billie Eilish

It would go night after night without ever stopping, they were never the same but they would do the same things and she would watch them every night — they would come from parties already thinking about what club to hit next without even enjoying where they were at the moment.

As she standed on the other side of the bar, giving them drinks after drinks, she could see all the ways they had to party, alcohol being the lightest thing they put into their bodies.

They would go from alcohol to all sorts of drugs, and in between they would share on Instagram how cool they were — another night on the go, another night getting as higher as they could get before hitting the rock bottom of having nothing real.

Watching these people she would always remember her friends saying that she should go out more but they don't see the things she sees working in the night. She would watch these empty vessels of people, and she would wonder if she could be missing something — what is it about them? they just keep doing nothing.

They would just go from parties to parties, club after club, getting high and drunk, doing stupid shit for even more stupid people to watch on the internet — just so they can broadcast their lives as something the others would never have.

I mean, they weren't even really friends.

The group of people in the vip that night, for example, she had already seen and served them before, they would come and go together but it never appeared that they enjoyed being with each other as real friends would — in fact, she knew it was all fake, she had her sources.

The only time they would actually talk with each other was to check who was going to be the next one to buy the drinks... trays to the table and that's about the only thing they share.

Well, for her that was a hard pass, she was good with her borings and yet smart life choices. I'm better off without them, they're nothing but unstable.

She took a deep breath, watching the table more than she should — their eyes meet, he smiled but she looked away. He's unstable too, she thought to herself, trying to bring some sense to her mind and heart.

"Kaycee, can you attend the vip?" Said her boss, as she finished a drink for a customer.

"Ken has the VIP's today." She said, trying to keep herself away from all that toxic area — trying to keep herself away from him.

"They are asking for you, so..." She said before leaving and Kaycee took a deep breath.

In other words: there was no way she was escaping this — also, the last time she served this particular group she had to tell them they couldn't smoke inside and they weren't happy about it.

But deep down she knew they weren't asking for her, he was the one asking for her — the bartendress took a deep breath, took her apron off, and got her handy notepad to take their orders, and went to the vip section.

"How can I help you?" She said as she standed beside their table — some of them looked at her as if she wasn't even there, too intoxicated to care.

"Hi sweetheart," started one of the girls. "Can you bring us some champagne and some painkillers, the lights in here are killing my head?"

"Oh, great ask Tate." Said the other brunette. "and if you could find us some xanny too it would be great."

Kaycee almost chuckled because they would always ask for things they knew she wouldn't get, almost as if they kept testing her.

If she were honest she knew it wasn't the lights that were making the girl's head hurt, it was probably all the coke she used in the bathroom as she normally would just like everyone else around them — their pretty heads are hurting, they're awfully bad at learning, make the same mistakes, blame circumstance.