just you and i - part 2

song: just you and I by tom walker

(since you guys wanted a part 2 here we goooooo)

He wasn't trying to think about her but it seemed as if the universe wanted him to because everything reminded him of her, from the Indian place he has to walk by to get home from work to the sound of the waves on the shore and everything in between that he could look or pass by, somehow it made him think of her.

It was Saturday afternoon and he was sitting on the floor of the dance studio, trying to work on some choreography with his best friend but his mind couldn't go anywhere. Ever since he woke up he has been feeling a very annoying headache and he keeps getting flashes of memories from the night they met.

a week before, Saturday night

When Sean and Julian walked into the bar it was already filled with people which wasn't something uncommon to the place. As they made their way to the bar they got to say hi to a feel people, another very common thing since the place was house to most of the dancers in the city and around.

Once they sat in the bar they got to say hi to Josh, their other friend, and dance fellow, and Chloe, Julian's girlfriend, because both of them worked there. He ordered his drink and soon his friends engaged themselves in a random conversation but his attention to it didn't last long as his eyes decided to take a look at who was on the stage.

And that was when he first saw her, a shining beauty in between so many people. Her long and curly hair got his eyes first and the way she tossed it around as she sang feel good by day with her friend. She wasn't a good singer and neither was her friend but the way she laughed and giggled in between lines made it sound like a masterpiece.

They were having fun and everyone got a bit of it as they left the stage with microphones in their hands, walking and dancing through the place as they sang and made everyone sing along with them.

And then they split apart in the last choreo as her friend went to one side and she went on the bar direction, and before someone could stop her she was walking on top of it and hyping everyone in the pub as her friend was on top of some random table on the other side of the place, and they ended the song pointing at each other and laughing like crazy.

Once the song was over she walked to the edge of the counter and that was when they first found each other 'cause he was the person sitting on the last stool. Their eyes met and she didn't have to ask as he didn't need to offer, he simply helped her to get down.

He lost a bit of balance trying to help her and he saw that she shivered when his hands tightly held her waist. They've ended up very close and maybe kept staring at each other's faces for wait too long before her cheeks turned red, and then she let go of him.

She whispered a soft 'thank you' before starting to get away from him and back to her table, but as she walked through people and before she was fully gone, she turned around, tugged some hair behind her ear, and flashed him a soft smile.

Sean let out a loud breath as he sat back in his stool, noticing his friend's eyes on him. "I need another beer."

And with one beer after another he tried to press down the urge he was feeling to go and talk to her but at every bottle, the urge just kept getting bigger and bigger. He even tried to sing in the karaoke with Julian as a way to distract himself, but from up there he just had a better view of her dancing with her friends.

His friends mocked him but at some point, they started to mock Chloe and Julian instead and for a moment he believed that he had managed to forget about the girl but then he heard her laugh again. She was at the counter right by his side along with a bunch of other girls, they were all wearing ornaments like crowns and fake pearl necklaces, and her friend from before was wearing a small bride's veil.